GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting tired of my on-off throttle and gave Ivan a call because of his near infamy with fixing rideability issues. Ivan's Performance Products I asked him if anything was coming out for our bikes and he said no. I then asked if there was any possibility of a future plan and he stated no in a bit of a short and rude manner. This is dissapointing because no one else I know of addresses fuel cut which I am convinced is our problem. Ignoring this bike seems like a huge mistake to me but I am just one rider.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dont ever say never with Ivan. I have no info, and know zero about the reflash, Ivan, or the bike.

People spent 2013 and 2014 saying he will never have a reflash available for the 2nd generation z 1000/ninja, NEVER..end of story.

Well, near the end for 2014, what pops up on his web page? A flash for the 2014.

Its almost an inside joke, but its on his page and says, "I will not discuss future plans." He means it. For all we know, he has one on the dyno right now, but we'll never know about it. Its best this way as he does not get forced into cutting corners or releasing things before they are 100%.

You can see , from his page, his work is an inch wide and a mile deep. He does not try to cover all bikes like the rest, but when he does one, its incredible work.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know. All the secret secret hush hush stuff with Ivan weirds me out. It's like paranoia. I get he has competition but what can telling people you are working on a package hurt. It's the same with pricing. It's always a "secret". Just be up front. I know the product is good. I just want to feel good about from whom I purchase it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I fully understand how you'd feel that way, but in truth he's a super cool guy who will do anything for his customers.

Typically, when someone is paranoid over their {"it" type property, its because they've been stolen from before.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fully understand how you'd feel that way, but in truth he's a super cool guy who will do anything for his customers.

Typically, when someone is paranoid over their {"it" type property, its because they've been stolen from before.
Makes sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately, some people that are very good at what they do can also be very arrogant. Sorry he was rude to you Gixxus, but maybe he's already been asked the Q 100+ x and he's just sick of the calls.

However, it seems like to me not letting people know about it would be costing him sales. After all, if people know it's coming, they will wait, if they think it's never coming they will just go with the next best thing like some people have already done by buying that booster plug thing.

Seems like good marketing to me. Car/motorcycle/etc. co's release info about new models far, far in advance to build excitement so when their product is finally released they flock in droves to get it. I guess I should mention apple since I've seen people camp out 2 days in advance to get a new iphone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am getting tired of my on-off throttle and gave Ivan a call because of his near infamy with fixing rideability issues. Ivan's Performance Products I asked him if anything was coming out for our bikes and he said no. I then asked if there was any possibility of a future plan and he stated no in a bit of a short and rude manner. This is dissapointing because no one else I know of addresses fuel cut which I am convinced is our problem. Ignoring this bike seems like a huge mistake to me but I am just one rider.
The BoosterPlug (boosterplug.com) makes claims to not only remove the jerky on/off throttle response but also richen the fuel mixture at low RPMs to smooth out the engine.
I ordered one a few days ago and I'll start a new thread with results after install and test. For $150 its worth a shot.

·
Registered
451 Posts
His fce's have found their way on to other bikes.

No one does anything different for fuel cut, so the fix is the same. Youd need wire codes, but thats about it. It could be done.

Boosterplug will be like a big, fat, one size too large pilot jet in our old carbs. The added richness does give you instant throttle response.

What you also get, is why this idea was not good.

Before catalyetic converters and air injection, leanness was normal for new bikes. Once they added the cats, and injected fresh air into the test, there was no need for lean. Rich is what they did to avoid warranty claims.

These new engines need heat to run properly. Slightly rich, and slightly cold leads to carbon deposits.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Funnily enough, when I did my test ride on the GSX-S, I didn't notice the on/off throttle sensation. Maybe it's because I'm coming off a litre V-Twin which is a lot more agrigultural in nature, as opposed to the sewing-machine like smoothness of the typical inline 4. I guess time will tell if it annoys me or not.

It took Yamaha over a year to do a remap of the MT-09 to solve the same problem, brought about largely by buyer backlash. The more people who buy these, the more notice Suzuki will take. If early signs are anything to go by, these will the "clitoris" of the bike world in no time ("Every [email protected]'s got one...).

·
Registered
15 Posts
("Every [email protected]'s got one...).
Tell that to the Nigerian women who are butchered and declitorized :)

I know Ivan a little, and my guess is he's not going to say anything unless he's dissected the situation and has a game plan. In other words, he's not going to make claims until he's certain he can back them up. That and as RCannon says there are some competitive issues.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The manufacturers are really up against a rock and a hard place. They 100% KNOW what map will be perfect in the bike. They have it, and its pretty easy to do.

But, being responsible, they cant use it. They have to use something thats legal and suffer the consequences. Or, you can do like Volkswagen did. Do you suppose vw wished they had a do-over?

We assume its leanness, and that was true many years ago. Now, its caused by that fuel cut and nothing short of ivans fce, or a very good remap can help. Even a power commander us useless. Why? Power commander allows you to add fuel, or subtract from whats available.

Fuel cut means zero is available and 100% of zero still ends up like my checking account.

Some bikes are better than others. I suspect this bike is especially difficult since it is an updated 2005 design. Thats awesome for hop up potential, but a nightmare when you have 2005 technology trying to meet 2016 emission standards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just called Ivan`s Performance today and asked about a ecu re-flash.
He seems to me to be a very upfront and honest guy. I Have been watching his site for years and
it`s plain to see he puts forth great effort.
To buy the bikes and pour himself into getting everything perfect is commendable to say the least.
I hope he decides to take on this bike...I for one will be waiting in line for what I feel will be the best
product available.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just called Ivan`s Performance today and asked about a ecu re-flash.
He seems to me to be a very upfront and honest guy. I Have been watching his site for years and
it`s plain to see he puts forth great effort.
To buy the bikes and pour himself into getting everything perfect is commendable to say the least.
I hope he decides to take on this bike...I for one will be waiting in line for what I feel will be the best
product available.
Did you talk to him?
What was his answer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
At first he said he wasn`t going to do it.He gave a couple of reasons...mainly being disappointed with the non-interest in a couple of Suzuki bikes he has worked on in the past (Hayabusa being one).He felt people did not want to pay for the value of his product...they wanted to cheap-out in other words!
I explained that since this paticular bike is aimed at an older demographic,he might get a better response to his obvious hard work.
He said that he would talk to his partner(s) (not sure if singular or plural),but that he won`t confirm or deny if he starts working on it. I said that I hoped he did and that I would keep an eye on his site.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At first he said he wasn`t going to do it.He gave a couple of reasons...mainly being disappointed with the non-interest in a couple of Suzuki bikes he has worked on in the past (Hayabusa being one).He felt people did not want to pay for the value of his product...they wanted to cheap-out in other words!
I explained that since this paticular bike is aimed at an older demographic,he might get a better response to his obvious hard work.
He said that he would talk to his partner(s) (not sure if singular or plural),but that he won`t confirm or deny if he starts working on it. I said that I hoped he did and that I would keep an eye on his site.
I call BS. He did the Z1000 and that is a pretty obscure bike with a limited market right there. Even with the Ninja 1000 included. He is just playing hush hush.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I hope he goes for it. Ecu foolers are not the best way. Id rather have one good ecu tune than a bunch of addons.

I had my last bike tuned and i loved it. Ran great and I didnt worry about anything in regards to extras like the tre or such. I know ivans tune can do freat things, like he has done with the ninja's.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah. I am putting on a full Arrow exhaust right now and wouldn't mind a good tune and fuel cut over ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts