GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name's Steven. I'm the happy new owner of a 2001 gsxr1000. I just discovered this site and thought it might be useful in turning my dream machine into something original and reliable.
The bike I got has 13k but has some leaks on the right side and a stripped oil pan bolt. It seems to run ok but a little rough at lower rpm and idle. I've never had anything like this bike before so I'm still trying to figure out what normal and what's not. It shifts hard into every gear and jerks forward releasing the clutch. I've begun giving it throttle while releasing the clutch to counteract that. Other than these issues I couldn't be more thrilled to finally have a Gixxer 1000. I've dreamed of this since a kid.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome Dreamer. This site is dedicatet to GSX-S (not R), but that doesn't mean you won't find some valuable info here. Just probably not as focused on your model as some other sites. Enjoy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome.

The GSXR has many, many dedicated forums in a way the GSXS can only dream about. The knowledge base for the GSXR1000 is massive - here we benefit where parts and design are the same or similar (japanese sports tourers are always parts-bin specials).

I'd look at the sister GSXR forums for specific support, GSXR riders tend to know every issue and fixes will be known.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts