GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 GSXS1000Z back at the end of August. I am from Florida and just recently got back on a bike. I had a 1998 Katana 600 but haven't rode in about 10 years. I am definitely making up for it I just hit 3000 miles on it.

This is my first forum. I have been looking to see what options are out there for my bike, but have had little success for the 2019 year. Anyway I look forward to participating in this forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bought a 2019 GSXS1000Z back at the end of August. I am from Florida and just recently got back on a bike. I had a 1998 Katana 600 but haven't rode in about 10 years. I am definitely making up for it I just hit 3000 miles on it.

This is my first forum. I have been looking to see what options are out there for my bike, but have had little success for the 2019 year. Anyway I look forward to participating in this forum.

Thanks
There have been very little changes in the bike from the original model. Almost any part for the GSX s-1000 will be a direct fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on tire replacements. Florida roads are horrible on soft tires. Along with the fact that the best curves in Florida are turning left or right at a light. Lol

I have been looking at the Pirelli DIABLO™ ROSSO CORSA II. Mainly because of the Tri compounds.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome Aboard!
I'm lovin my Michelin Road 5s at the moment, plenty of grip, loads of miles and great in the wet. I don't know how they will fair in your climate though. Someone a bit more local might be better to advise:laugh:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome, that's quite the upgrade in almost every area of the bike from the bargain parts bin weak old Kat 600. Heck, even riding my CBR600 F4 back to back with my buddy's Katana 600 was night and day, I can't imagine going to a GSX-S1000!

Yea yea, first bike, I thought I was cool.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome, that's quite the upgrade in almost every area of the bike from the bargain parts bin weak old Kat 600. Heck, even riding my CBR600 F4 back to back with my buddy's Katana 600 was night and day, I can't imagine going to a GSX-S1000!

Where have I seen this before?

Oh yes...

:D

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

You were cool my friend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts