GSXS 1000 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Regarding the throttle tamer, I looked on RevZilla and the only one listed for the Suzuki was for the Vstrom. Will that fit the s1000f?

I have a Throttle Tamer that I removed after about 500 miles. After Dano flashed the ECU I did not need it. If you want it, I'll sell it to you for a fair price & shipping.
Let me know how much you want for the stock windscreen and the TT. Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No placebo, I've ridden many bikes and I'm pretty good at noticing the slightest change. Initially my bike was a pig to ride, now it's a joy, no snatchy throttle, no deceleration fuel cut off. My bike is a 2016 and it was the 15 minutes well spent, I got the bike with about 4k km on it now about 40k km and apart from chain sprockets tyres oil and filter changes I haven't spent anything on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
My story is similar to Peters. First thing I checked was the tps and it was out adjusted it, took excess slack out of throttle and installed Katana throttle tube be which was $20 bucks. I think some of the problem is the forks have to much high speed compression making the ride harsh, the best mod for this bike is a decent rear shock and revalve forks. I don't even think about the throttle it feels no different to any other bike I've owned or ridden, people forget this is a naked sportsbike it's meant to be aggressive and that's the attraction.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I gave this a shot today since we had a random 60 degree day. It seemed to make a little bit of difference but that might have also been due to the cold air temp. One thing that I did notice is that I was able to idle along in first gear without having to play with the clutch. I hope that this continues once the weather warms up.

I have a Cali spec 2016 ABS with O2 delete for reference. I don't have the snatchy throttle issues so much. My issue was the engine hunting at low RPM.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I gave this a shot today since we had a random 60 degree day. It seemed to make a little bit of difference but that might have also been due to the cold air temp. One thing that I did notice is that I was able to idle along in first gear without having to play with the clutch. I hope that this continues once the weather warms up.

I have a Cali spec 2016 ABS with O2 delete for reference. I don't have the snatchy throttle issues so much. My issue was the engine hunting at low RPM.
Have you considered putting a warranty claim in on Suzuki for a replacement ECU based on safety?
I fully realise it is outside your 1 year warranty period, but Suzuki has replaced them for others as a good will measure.
The 2018 revision of the 2016 ECU had modifications to fix the hunting at low revs. Your 02 delete was along the same idea of making the closed loop emissions into an open loop arrangement where it was not acting like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I think one of the "fixes" is to adapt to what you have and learn to use it to your advantage. Disclaimer: I have a 2016 with no snatchy throttle and dealer mode reads: _C00.
I love the engine braking and it has probably ruined me for technique. I don't use trail braking much and rely on the engine to do the braking for me. My bad, but it works for me It can be abrupt if you aren't careful, and clutching is important, but with a subtle touch, the throttle seems to do the job.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My opinion about “just deal with it!”
My last bike was a KTM Superduke 1290GT “the beast” 1301cc VTiwn 174HP. 110 footlb of torque at 6700rpm (before that a zx1000xs another low end to mid range ) Trust me the “the stock gsxs1000 has nothing like the instantaneous torque pull of a super duke in the low to the mid range.
The point “ a good friend of mine ��” never had this snachie throttle issue when just wacking open the throttle on those two bikes Literally with only the throttle hand on the bars in a straight line or even having the fear of modulating the throttle through a long low speed turn like an ofF ramp leaning over again with just one hand.
It just DOES NOT have or need to be this way that’s why I bought those bikes before buying the GSX-S. Other manufacturers are dealing with the same emission rules and ADDRESSING (Managment design policies) in a way that the consumer does not have to “live with it” or invest money to fix a Mangment that chose to pass it on the consumer. Them we some consumer opinion “just deal with”

Example like a friend of mine having to put on extra make up on her face so she can hide the bruises from her “boyfriend” and she say I just have to live with it and walk on eggshells because he say he loves her and it’s her fault for what he does to her.

That’s why I did not directly support Suzuki by buying my bike new from them.

Again this is the land of the FREE. Free to spend your money like you want. Free to state your point of view, free to constructively express any opposite point of view......... free to wear a red hat and think that everyone should drink the koolaid.

With allllll that said keep the shiny side up and be safe out there (you be you)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
ill tell ya...i love drinking that koolaid ...some times things are the way they are....they may or should not be that way....BUT...they are....SO.....that being said keep the duke,,im riding the superzook

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just look at it this way...If the bike had been perfect in every way, you would be paying a premium price for it. As it is, because the initial reviews were not "glowing", you can pick this bike up for a song. For the consumer, it's a win.

I should hit over 20K miles this year on mine, and it still brings a smile to my face every time the wheels roll. Most bikes I've had I'm usually bored with by the end of the first year...maybe that says something about me, though. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
If it had been perfect out of the box, I'd go insane during the winters. Nothing wrong with a little TLC to get attached to the bike more.

I mean it's a new 150hp beast for $10k (or less)!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
My opinion about “just deal with it!”
My last bike was a KTM Superduke 1290GT “the beast” 1301cc VTiwn 174HP. 110 footlb of torque at 6700rpm (before that a zx1000xs another low end to mid range ) Trust me the “the stock gsxs1000 has nothing like the instantaneous torque pull of a super duke in the low to the mid range.
The point “ a good friend of mine ��” never had this snachie throttle issue when just wacking open the throttle on those two bikes Literally with only the throttle hand on the bars in a straight line or even having the fear of modulating the throttle through a long low speed turn like an ofF ramp leaning over again with just one hand.
It just DOES NOT have or need to be this way that’s why I bought those bikes before buying the GSX-S. Other manufacturers are dealing with the same emission rules and ADDRESSING (Managment design policies) in a way that the consumer does not have to “live with it” or invest money to fix a Mangment that chose to pass it on the consumer. Them we some consumer opinion “just deal with”

Example like a friend of mine having to put on extra make up on her face so she can hide the bruises from her “boyfriend” and she say I just have to live with it and walk on eggshells because he say he loves her and it’s her fault for what he does to her.

That’s why I did not directly support Suzuki by buying my bike new from them.

Again this is the land of the FREE. Free to spend your money like you want. Free to state your point of view, free to constructively express any opposite point of view......... free to wear a red hat and think that everyone should drink the koolaid.

With allllll that said keep the shiny side up and be safe out there (you be you)
off-topic... What made you move on from that KTM GT. That seams like a dream bike to me. Whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The SDGT was an awesome bike it was like an electric car the way it produced the power almost instant on any RPM just the way I like it (but tapered of on top if you call 175 HP tapering off). I put a descent amount of miles on the bikes considering I am in Rochester NY (snow 4 month) And a very frugal person(cheap). I have expectations on mechanical things that they should work. I like to tinker �� (make them unique to what appeals to my eye, ��) with things but not have to FIX a faulty executed design. I also like to try out all all kinds of bikes ( A.d.d.)So I didn’t want to lose to much value in the super duke by putting a all lot of miles on it. So I loved it for a while and moved on to the next tinkering item. As a whole most Asian bikes are very well designed bikes reliable, (compare a Toyota to a Mopar) (just dropped the mik on that topic).
Character is an inherit trat (difference with a vtwin then an in-line 4) in my opinion compare a ktm v twin 1301cc and it performs like a good designed vtwin should, compare that to a Harley vtwin and you should get my point (“denial”is not a river in Egypt) if you can’t acknowledge that point then this is a useless discussion. Take me (or my kids, wife, friend......) for example I have TONS of character AND also tons of faults. i cherish the character And work to improve the faults (self inflicted usually like bad executed designs). Price (cost)should not be the excuse to a better expectation of a good design theirs is a confusion or expectations with that.
Oh where was I blah, blah, blah I am rambling again hey just get out there and enjoy your charactered or “flaud” bikes or what ever you ride��. Be safe

·
Registered
189 Posts
Isn't the super Duke r $18,600 and the GT $20,800 before you shell out another $3k to unlock all the good stuff?

Yep , Piss take!

However saying that if the insurance wasn't £380 p/month :crying: for me to own one I'd of gone for it (The build qualiity is second to none) ; other insurers offer waayyy cheaper premiums but I've been with cheap insurers before . . . . . NEVER AGAIN ; sorry to shout;)

Big fan of the Superduke 1290 R in Black & Orange :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jerky throttle might be able to be eliminated with a Boosterplug ; Worth installing a bossterplug anyway ; cheaper than a Power commander , less instrusive , easier to install & doesn't effect the original design of the bike to much.

More of a subtle acclimation to your riding environment.

Great piece of gear

·
Registered
7 Posts
Even the new ZR1 Vette computer can be hacked. There are ways to access these things. You need to send the stock computer, someplace, and they may open it up to unlock it. Then you can tune how you see fit.
Just as everything else electronic, hackers can get in. The OEM's try to keep us out and we still find a way in.
Now riddle me this; IF we were to believe that running so lean at low speed and having erratic behavior, is this really for emissions or just that the manufacturer did not want to spend the time tuning it properly? Too much money to male it right the first time?
Has anyone done emissions testing sfter ther reprogram?
Just wondering.
G

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay, 2016 GSXS 1000 non-ABS. I have been riding for many decades and owned a few FI bikes, nothing as powerful as this. After buying the bike I was not overwhelmed with the throttle, makes it a bit skittish at low RPMs. Now it is a perfectly manageable and enjoyable ride after first adjusting the TPS, it was in the dash low at C000, I used the diagnostic mode, as I don't have a breakout lead, minor improvement. Just today I did the process Bob provided and WOW! Serious improvement, still very reactive, but the "jump out from under you" lurch is gone. Thanks to Bob and all for this info. I expect this is setting or resetting a learned condition, I would take both these steps with or without a tune.

JT

181 - 200 of 227 Posts