GSXS 1000 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well I will add my results. I have a left over 2016. Picked it up off the dealer with only 10 miles on it. I am used to 250 2 strokes mx bikes, so didnt think it was that snatchy until I was high rpms and let off and got back on the throttle in a turn. Decided to check the c00 position and it was in the lower section. I am particular on how I do my work. I bought the leads to see where I was and set it at 1.13v. My setting from factory was 1.068v. I set it to 1.132v if I set it any higher then 1.135v, my c00 would be in the top position. After locking the tps back in place. I turned the ignition off then on, opened throttle to see voltage spike for open throttle and closed. Put bike back together, went for a drive to fill up the bike. Only a 3 mile round trip. Bike is much smoother and the only drive train lash I feel is the chain getting under tension.

Also for people who might want to know, my voltage readings made no difference whether bike was warm or off. If you watch voltage while the bike is cold warming up, it will be all over the place which is normal until it settles with idle.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Good job!
Next step is a WOT reset!
It is described step by step in Oldbob's thread!
I believe that's what I did with the turning off and back on the ignition then holding throttle wide open. I just did it with voltage first and again after I had all the original connector back in place.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
The throttle roll off on the 19 is far far smoother than the 2016 I had.
The engine braking is half the amount that the 16 has as stock,...

Suzuki has been slowly chipping away in the backroom, but Oriental face saving means they say nothing.
Anyone with a stock first edition 2016, and thinking that a 2019 would be just a graphics update, is very much mistaken.
Rob.
Good to know as I joined after buying a leftover 2019 recently. Doing a lot of reading on here about the early models, wondering should I do something with the ECU? Or suspension? With a 2019 the suspension is the first area to address based on your and others comments.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't think the OEM are bad.
But I also like Shinkos.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why get a high powered sports bike and put cheap rubbish tyres on it?
Fair question. In order,
1. For my style of riding, mostly straight line commuting, they work fine.
2. I am cheap. Cheap rubbish tires fit my MO.
3. This bike seems a little sportier than the Bandit as it is lighter. I may try better rubber on this bike. Especially if I get a better shock on the rear.
As I said, though, better tires for my style are mostly a waste.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After 17000km and hating the jerky throttle I decided to do something about it (I know I'm a procrastinator) I've read about all the fixes, TPS,ECU flash,TRE etc, but I have an easier fix, costs nothing and takes about 3 minutes.
GSXS1000F
Here's what I did
Remove the pillion seat and locate diagnostic plug
Remove cap on plug and using a piece of thin wire,a paper clip will do,bridge the 2 bottom pins
Turn on the ignition and you will notice the diagnostic icon on the instrument panel
The bar should be in the central position
Turn the throttle to the full open position, don't start the bike, the bar will go to the top position, hold there for a couple of seconds
Turn off ignition
Repeat, I did it 3 times but you might only have to do it once
Remove the wire
Start the bike, I immediately noticed a difference in the exhaust note
Rode out of my driveway and the throttle was more responsive and felt like it had more torque
Rode along a very rough and bumpy road that would previously have the throttle going from off to on and was a real PIA but now I am able to hold a steady throttle
Tried riding 5th gear 40km/hr, smooth and steady and will accelerate easily
Thought i'd give it a run through the mountain twisties, what a difference, back off the throttle no more feeling like you've just opened a parachute, just normal engine braking then smooth acceleration through the corners.
Previously I hated this bike and was going to sell it even though I would have taken a huge financial hit, now I love it and can't stay off it.
Many will be skeptical of this, but it worked so well for me, I've been riding bikes for over 62 years and I've never had such a huge performance improvement for such little efffort or cost
Try it, what have you got to lose?

Thanks for the insights. However, I was wondering, does anyone know how to do this on a 2018 GSX/S ? I did the trick and got a C00 code, with no bars. So....unsure if this works ! Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks for the insights. However, I was wondering, does anyone know how to do this on a 2018 GSX/S ? I did the trick and got a C00 code, with no bars. So....unsure if this works ! Thanks
Does not work on a 2018. You have to get a multimeter and read the actual voltage. Either pierce the wires to get a reading, or get an adapter plug that allows readings through the wiring harness. Kawasaki 57001-1538 is supposed to work and is less than half the price of the Suzuki part.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
For what it's worth. Mine reads _00 (so low in dealer mode). I decided not to fix it because my bike rides great and i have no throttle problems to speak of (lumpy fuel delivery around 2K - I don't ride there much).

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 17000km and hating the jerky throttle I decided to do something about it (I know I'm a procrastinator) I've read about all the fixes, TPS,ECU flash,TRE etc, but I have an easier fix, costs nothing and takes about 3 minutes.
GSXS1000F
Here's what I did
Remove cap on plug and using a piece of thin wire,a paper clip will do,bridge the 2 bottom pins
Turn on the ignition and you will notice the diagnostic icon on the instrument panel
Turn the throttle to the full open position, don't start the bike, the bar will go to the top position, hold there for a couple of seconds
Turn off ignition
Remove the wire
Rode out of my driveway and the throttle was more responsive and felt like it had more torque
Rode along a very rough and bumpy road that would previously have the throttle going from off to on and was a real PIA but now I am able to hold a steady throttle
Thought i'd give it a run through the mountain twisties, what a difference, back off the throttle no more feeling like you've just opened a parachute, just normal engine braking then smooth acceleration through the corners.
Previously I hated this bike and was going to sell it even though I would have taken a huge financial hit, now I love it and can't stay off it.
Many will be skeptical of this, but it worked so well for me, I've been riding bikes for over 62 years and I've never had such a huge performance improvement for such little efffort or cost
New owner of a GSX-S110F 2016 - Knew there were low rev throttle issues before purchase and thought I'd get it flashed if it really was that bad. It's rideable yes, but on NW England's roads there are so many bumps and potholes, it can be pretty dodgy at times - thought I'd give this a go before getting a flash.
Looking at your post Old Bob - can you confirm - do you turn ignition off with throttle open, or do you close it first:

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
GSXS1000F
Here's what I did
Turn off ignition
Remove the wire
OK - So i done it last night and took it out this morning, felt better in town, a lot less jittery crawling in traffic. As soon as I could open the throttle any - lost electrics - Display, indicators, tail lights, bralke lights,
Blowing 10A Signal fuse as soon as throttle is opened - Anyone seen it before or got any idea why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi yes, clip removed cover back on. Previous owner has put in a tail tidy, guess I'm going to have to check all thecwring incase I've disturbed a dodgy wire/connection when I was under the seat

221 - 240 of 247 Posts