GSXS 1000 Forum banner
241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I guess that that is the most likely cause. I hope you find the problem.
All of the things you mentioned are on the same circuit. I had the same issue when my new tail tidy plate light wire was squished and earthing out. It has to be one of those.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi yes, clip removed cover back on. Previous owner has put in a tail tidy, guess I'm going to have to check all thecwring incase I've disturbed a dodgy wire/connection when I was under the seat
Yes, once you get it figured out please post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would like to thank the op. I thought all 1000s were twitchy until i rode a speed triple this weekend.
then I came here to review, and the fix worked. Went over a bunch of bumps today and my throttle wasn’t overly choppy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Old Bob the fix worked for my gsx-s1000F L6. I had already tuned the TPS and today i decided to give it a go and the bike runs a lot smoother now! Much more friendly at low speeds. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know what's funny about your post is that today I was checking on my 17 model for the tps setting and on the dash is displayed the coo but no line apparently the 17 18 models don't have the adjustment and I was just checking things.
So I'm there twisting the throttle back and forth thinking maybe something is out of whack as there is no little line to speak of so about 1/2 hour later I go for a ride and start thinking I must be getting used to the twitchy throttle but then I see your post it's got me �� Thinking.
Hey I noticed that on my 2018 750 there is no line? Did you figure that out?

241 - 247 of 247 Posts