GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Very nice! What's your bike history? Where you at? Details give us an opportunity to make fun of you. JK.>:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! What's your bike history? Where you at? Details give us an opportunity to make fun of you. JK.>:D
Im in Denver, CO. My bike history (in order but some were owned at the same time) is as follows. First street bike was in 1989.

1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250
1986 GSXR 750
2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk
2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 (red)
1999 Yamaha V-max
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2007 Suzuki Bandit (black)
2013 Honda F6B (still have)
2016 GSX-S1000:D:D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Im in Denver, CO. My bike history (in order but some were owned at the same time) is as follows. First street bike was in 1989.

1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250
1986 GSXR 750
2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200
1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk
2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 (red)
1999 Yamaha V-max
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
2007 Suzuki Bandit (black)
2013 Honda F6B (still have)
2016 GSX-S1000:D:D
Great bike history. It is similar to mine but we vary in displacement and years. (I won't bother you with my 60's - 2000's stuff - yea, I'm old...)

2003 Honda Magna 750 V4 - smoooooth,

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - very fun bike,

2007 Kawi Ninja 500 - I loved this thing and I think it's the little brother of the S1000F. It's one of the reasons I wanted slightly upright ergos with some protection.

2015 FZ-07, - fantastic torque, very nimble, a great commuter, but one I rode the GSX-S1000F, I knew it wouldn't see much saddle time, because the GSX-1000F is so much more versatile.

2016 GSX-1000F - a monster! I didn't have the throttle snatch problem on mine and the only real (literal) PITA was the rear shock. I was killing my spine over high speed bumps. I got a K-Teck Razor R and now I'm a happy camper.

So we've, both been searching for the perfect bike, and for now... we've found it.

I'm pretty light (<150lbs) and prefer lighter bikes (although I almost bought a Valk). I've had my S1000 (F version) for over two years now and I still absolutely love it. There are other bikes I might like to add to my collection, but as of now, (bike lust is a fickle monster), it's a keeper!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great bike history. It is similar to mine but we vary in displacement and years. (I won't bother you with my 60's - 2000's stuff - yea, I'm old...)

2003 Honda Magna 750 V4 - smoooooth,

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - very fun bike,

2007 Kawi Ninja 500 - I loved this thing and I think it's the little brother of the S1000F. It's one of the reasons I wanted slightly upright ergos with some protection.

2015 FZ-07, - fantastic torque, very nimble, a great commuter, but one I rode the GSX-S1000F, I knew it wouldn't see much saddle time, because the GSX-1000F is so much more versatile.

2016 GSX-1000F - a monster! I didn't have the throttle snatch problem on mine and the only real (literal) PITA was the rear shock. I was killing my spine over high speed bumps. I got a K-Teck Razor R and now I'm a happy camper.

So we've, both been searching for the perfect bike, and for now... we've found it.

I'm pretty light (<150lbs) and prefer lighter bikes (although I almost bought a Valk). I've had my S1000 (F version) for over two years now and I still absolutely love it. There are other bikes I might like to add to my collection, but as of now, (bike lust is a fickle monster), it's a keeper!
On the ride home I definitely noticed the touchy throttle while trying maintain a cruising speed. Hopefully that can be tuned out. I'm debating on sending it out once riding season here in Colorado slows or a Dyno tune at a local shop. I ordered the M4 full system a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
On the ride home I definitely noticed the touchy throttle while trying maintain a cruising speed. Hopefully that can be tuned out. I'm debating on sending it out once riding season here in Colorado slows or a Dyno tune at a local shop. I ordered the M4 full system a few minutes ago.
I feel very lucky that I got one that has a smooth throttle. I had read about the throttle problem before I bought mine, and I test rode the one I ended up buying (zero miles - first ride), trying to figure out what people were talking about with the "throttle snatch" problem. I did parking lot drills, over speed bumps, low rpm turns, highway cruising, on/off ramp stuff, and mine (although just test riding at that point) was smoother than the FZ-07 that I traded in for it. In fact I originally had intended to keep both, but once I rode my F, I knew the FZ would not see much saddle time. I have read enough to know that the throttle problem varies from bike to bike (probably more so than year to year), so I guess I just picked a winning ticket. I hope yours is manageable and/or fixable.

The forum has plenty of "solutions". ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel very lucky that I got one that has a smooth throttle. I had read about the throttle problem before I bought mine, and I test rode the one I ended up buying (zero miles - first ride), trying to figure out what people were talking about with the "throttle snatch" problem. I did parking lot drills, over speed bumps, low rpm turns, highway cruising, on/off ramp stuff, and mine (although just test riding at that point) was smoother than the FZ-07 that I traded in for it. In fact I originally had intended to keep both, but once I rode my F, I knew the FZ would not see much saddle time. I have read enough to know that the throttle problem varies from bike to bike (probably more so than year to year), so I guess I just picked a winning ticket. I hope yours is manageable and/or fixable.

The forum has plenty of "solutions". /forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

It’s funny you mention other bikes. The Bandit 1250s were reviewed as having bad fueling, I owned 2 didn’t notice anything at all. My FZ-09 also got terrible reviews regarding snatchy throttle, mine was fine. I’ve put about 200 miles on the bike over the last two days and I’ve adjusted pretty well. It’s very fixable, and it’s my only complaint. I’m a happy camper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2016 and also did not find the snatchy throttle an issue. Sure, is snappy but I would have expected it from a hyper hi performance engine. It is not boring, that's for sure. Maybe is the bike, maybe is me. I keep it in TD2.

,,,,,,,,or maybe is because I defected(..in a hurry) from the FZ-09 camp in which I found the standard throttle mode jerky and dangerous, the Performance mode (A) unrideable, and could only control it in B (mild) mode, which would not stay on after engine was shut down.

...I may consider the Katana throttle tube, which has a milder cam, when it becomes available, but am not in a hurry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts