GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just had my 1000k service yesterday. Now hopefully I get some good weather so I can check out the other modes.
We had the bike that was sold 2 weeks ago come in for its first service, the guy loves it to bits. I was chatting to the mechanics at work they advised me to ditch the Apollo/White heated grips and but the OME ones even with the added cost of buying original they claim they never have the issues that aftermarket ones do give such as the glue not sticking after some cycles of using the grips and never getting them to stick like the OME ones do with the tighter fit on the bars. So spoke to the boss to make sure they will be on my bike once delivered.(y):geek:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was luck that when I placed an order last year, Suzuki said that if I put down 1k deposit, they'll throw in the heated grips for free. So it was a no brainer. They get VERY hot, lol.
I am lucky to get the bike at cost from my boss along with him pushing Suzuki Australia for an employee discount for both the bike and all the OME Accessories plus no need to place a deposit. I am very lucky to work for a boss that looks after his employees and pushes the manufacturers for supplies of both bikes and accessories. His also going to swap the tyres out for me with my choice being Pirelli Angle GT2 with the 55 series on the rear.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I am lucky to get the bike at cost from my boss along with him pushing Suzuki Australia for an employee discount for both the bike and all the OME Accessories plus no need to place a deposit. I am very lucky to work for a boss that looks after his employees and pushes the manufacturers for supplies of both bikes and accessories. His also going to swap the tyres out for me with my choice being Pirelli Angle GT2 with the 55 series on the rear.
How much is bike at Cost? Just curious profit margin is. My dealer took 750 off my order

·
Registered
197 Posts
How much is bike at Cost? Just curious profit margin is. My dealer took 750 off my order
Sorry I am not at liberty to say as you would understand but the employees discount from Suzuki will be around 5% off the bosses buying price, that may not sound much but take that from the full retail cost and all my accessories that mat end up being a fee for the accessories makes for an excellent price, then add in my boss selling me the bike at his cost and free labour to fit ht accessories is an enormous bonus. If I divulged the dealer's cost etc I would be in so much deep ****. That's a trust thing between my boss and Suzuki that I would not do and stuff it us for other employees along with betraying my boss and others that have bought ht same bike from us and are also our forum members on this forum.(y):censored:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was only asking a general over view. Google eats dealerships make about 10% in profit a bike, most profit are from ads ons

meaning I will never buy extras from a dealer
I understand what you are saying and to be honest, I don't get into the boss's profit margins etc. I would imagine selling large volumes as we do we may get slightly better prices than a dealership that sells one or two bikes. But that is none of my business. Sorry if I sound like an arse but also need to protect so much including my job I am sure you would understand that too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fantastic news. Soon you will be loving the new baby. Looking forward to seeing what you think about it etc.
Do you have any inside info on how to expediate even placing an order (if that is even possible) for the Panorama (GT+) here in Oz?

I'm in Brisbane and the Suzuki dealers I have approached and e-mailed tell me that I can't even order one and they have no idea when I might be able to other than "some time in 2023".

I get it that I missed the initial boat by not pre-ordering last year (was hoping to be able to test ride before buying, how naive I was!) but it now seems that it may be up to a year before it's even possible.

I tuned 50 last December and it was going to be my present to self...may have to be for my 51st.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love it ❤👍Great machine enjoy.
I've got the black one and installed a graphics kit on it..... View attachment 48229
I saw your bike just now. Looks great. Is it possible to just order the headlight cowling just solid black or bike specific matching color? That seems to really clean up the front nicely. Im most likely going to order it. Please send link if you can. Thanks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts