GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first time posting on here. I just installed the lust 40mm lowering link but now I am stuck on the front fork lowering. The directions want me to slide the fork legs 12mm upwards but also tells me to slide it 15 mm. I will post a picture of the directions if anyone can help me out. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yes, contradictory instructions.:confused:
It is really a matter of personal preference whether 12/15mm or some other figure, otherwise known as suck it and see.:)
And welcome to the forum, it's helpful if you put your approximate location in the info under your name.;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks for posting the image of the instructions. You are correct, it says 12mm early on, then 15mm later. The safer bet is to do 12mm first. Try it. Make sure nothing is hitting or bottoming out. See how the bike handles. If it seems good, then stay there. Back up plan would be to call the company and see if they are aware the instructions don't match and see if they have the 'definitive' answer for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dont get to obsessed with this , you can afford to drop the forks through quite a bit more , there is always a trade off of course

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just received the email from lust racing. They recommend 12 mm if I ride solo and 15 mm if I ride with heavy luggage and/ or pillion. I am really enjoying the lowered feel as it makes me more comfortable knowing I can at least touch the ground with the balls of my feet. Much appreciated for all the input.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Would like to lower mine a touch but not as much as 40mm, are there any other lowering links that anyone can recommend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There's two things my cluey mechanic at Raider Motorsport Australia did; lifted the forks through the yokes, 12 mm which provides the perfect balance, and cut the side stand in the middle, cut out 15mm, inserted some steel reinforcing then welded it up and sprayed it. The bike is handling brilliantly, also because I got rid of the OEM pogo stick aka the rear shock absorber and replaced it with a Wilbers 641 (reservoir under the seat) ; it is now the bike I dreamed of (also fitted a booster plug , so goodbye jerky throttle) and when I stop both feet are flat on the ground.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Would like to lower mine a touch but not as much as 40mm, are there any other lowering links that anyone can recommend.
I installed the 20mm ones from whaccesories.com . They are pricy but high quality. Made in Germany and legal for use there. They have been on my bike for 4 years and 22,000 miles. The installation instructions for them called for 12mm fork rise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts