GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty gents I pulled the trigger on it picked up a new to me 2016 GSX s abs model with 5000 miles on it. My first observation is it's awesome! LOL I only rode it for a little over an hour and I'm already loving it and that's coming from an 08 B King. Compared to the king it feels like a mini bike can't wait to hit some Corners with it. Only have two gripes with it first is the throttle now I'm not sure what you guys mean by throttle snatch but this sucker sure is sensitive I mean if you move a micrometer it surges up and down very annoying on the freeway over the Expansion Joints. Think I'll be picking up one of them throttle Tamers and hope it does just that. Second the front brake comes back two thirds to the grip before it starts to engage and it feels like a brick. I'm not sure because I've never had abs but I think it should be a little bit firmer than this. Maybe there's some air in the lines or the pads are glazed-over? I don't know how glazed pads would effect lever travel though. So like the rest of you I start my quest to make it the perfect ride for me. Safe travels, Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Welcome. I actually looked at a BKing when I was shopping the GSX-S. Always been on my list of bikes to ride/own. These things in this order.

TPS check - free
Throttle tamer - definitely makes it less sensitive and more controllable.
Remap ECU - might not be needed but helps. Do the above first.

Brakes probably need bled. Wouldn't hurt for sure. Probably even change out fluid since it's a few years old depending on when it was originally sold.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips jasen. I'm working on it as we speak. And yes if you want eye flattening acceleration I highly recommend the B King. LOL

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knight 1 inch drop pegs

I just pulled the one inch drop pegs off the B King and they fit perfectly on the GSX s. That's like 150 right there let's see I need frame sliders radiator guard windscreen slip on exhaust cat delete ECU Flash upgrade shock:) upgrade Forks oh boy I need more than 150. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
Why is your stand on a piece of wood? And I dropped like 1300 in mods. I left stock exhaust though. Think it looks pretty **** good and sounds good. I said I wouldn’t spend more than 300 on add ons.. this forum just introducing me to cool chit lol

Glad you got a sweet bike!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a similar issue with my throttle, checked and set TPS but also adjusted the cables correctly at the throttle body end, made a huge difference.

Always love the B-King, never owned one but did have a 2007 Busa for a couple of years. You'll find the GSX S so much more fun in the twisties. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts