GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
Due to this lockdown i've been spending more time on the internet, and today I found this.

A company here in Melbourne Australia called PTR, have a kit that takes our Suzuki GSX S 1000 up to 1200 cc for this you get 205 HP & 142 Nm torque but come at a price,
$8,000 + AUD.
Then there is also an upgrade which consist of a full Yoshimura R11 exhaust plus tune given 160 rear wheel HP. No price well not that I could find.
With this upgrade you can get your suspension upgraded too front & back, with fully adjustable Nitron suspension.
Please note it does state all this is for the new Katana 1000 but from what I know they are the same as the S1000 please correct me if I'm wrong.
If anyone is interested you can alway check out their web site.
I have found some prices for the above, front fork cartridge $1,250 AUD, rear shock $1,580 AUD, and exhaust $1,730 AUD, plus you will have to add the cost of tuning.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That upgrade kit only goes up 200cc, not 11,000cc. :D I think there was a thread on that a year or so ago, because I remember sending it over to my Bandit loving friend telling how my Suzuki "Bandit 1200" would totally crush his. :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't take this personal , but there is no way I would send my money to a company on the other side of the planet for any thing related to my motorcycle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't take this personal , but there is no way I would send my money to a company on the other side of the planet for any thing related to my motorcycle.
Unless you're planning to ship your bike to them, you're not really the target market. Aussies only for that kind of motor work. Although Danos does stuff like this too, porting, etc.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
That upgrade kit only goes up 200cc, not 11,000cc. :D I think there was a thread on that a year or so ago, because I remember sending it over to my Bandit loving friend telling how my Suzuki "Bandit 1200" would totally crush his. :D
Here's the original 2016 Thread
Turbo or head work anyone done it?

It had another Thread life in 2016

Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I do apologise for doubling up on a thread posted in 2016, and I have edited the mistake I made in putting one extra .....'0' ...... May be next time I will do more research on this forum before I post a thread.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ah, don't worry about it. Technically you tripled up on it, but it happens. I thought the extra zero was funny. It was the second thread that I remembered, as I wasn't around for the first thread as I purchased my 2016 in 2018 and joined up. Still, good stuff, I'd like to ride one with those modifications.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi, I do apologise for doubling up on a thread posted in 2016, and I have edited the mistake I made in putting one extra .....'0' ...... May be next time I will do more research on this forum before I post a thread.
Yeah, we are all here with guns drawn ready to shoot ya down. We're known as the Grammar Gang. 😎

1 - 13 of 13 Posts