GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a 2022 GSX S1000GT+
paniers / side cases did not come with the bike. Was told by Suzuki national customer service and the dealer that they are on national back order till end of September. Heated grips and larger windshield are also on national back order. How can Suzuki release an all new bike that supposed to come with sidecases with no side cases? Also i called Suzuki technical support for assistance on connecting my smart phone to the TFT SCREEN. They said they could not help me because I was not a dealer. The bike is so new the dealer does not know how to connect the phone and use the integration.
this is turning into a joke

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
mine came 2 weeks after bike arrived, theres a good chance yours may as well.
the TFT stuff seems easy enough, go to Facebook gsxs1000 gt group, they are very informative on it. they all helped eachother set it up, I havnt tried to connect mine yet

·
Registered
1 Posts
paniers / side cases did not come with the bike. Was told by Suzuki national customer service and the dealer that they are on national back order till end of September. Heated grips and larger windshield are also on national back order. How can Suzuki release an all new bike that supposed to come with sidecases with no side cases? Also i called Suzuki technical support for assistance on connecting my smart phone to the TFT SCREEN. They said they could not help me because I was not a dealer. The bike is so new the dealer does not know how to connect the phone and use the integration.
I bought my GT two weeks ago. I have exactly the same issues. No panniers, no touring screen, no heated grips, no ability to connect the suzuki mySPIN app. No clue. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not to be an arss but are we living on the same planet. All you have to do is look at how the idiot in chief has been destroying our economy since being installed. Then look around the world and how they reacted to a virus that had a 99.9 percent survival rate. Its gonna be a while before the supply chain catches up.

·
Registered
964 Posts
@1fasth2 this link may shed some light on the Myspin it really is not all that complicated. The instructions that come with the bike are terrible I agree.

As for the panniers I pre ordered my bike and got the bike May 18th the panniers showed up two days later. I ordered the heated grips and many other items for the bike well before the bike arrived as far back as March and April. I checked with dealer when they became available because I figured new bike to market equal shortages especially now days. I have not even installed the heated grips yet but plan to soon.

·
Registered
444 Posts
My dealer just got delivery of a GT that I'd pre-ordered. Came in a month after expected. They said Suzuki told them it would be AT LEAST 4 weeks or more before panniers arrive. So guessing September. When considering all this, in addition to the trade $$ they offered for my BMW, I decided to skip the GT. By the time the panniers arrive (and they were a primary reason for getting the GT..sportbike performance with sport/tour ergos and luggage), the riding season will be winding down.

I'll wait until next year to think about another bike. I have a feeling manufacturers and their dealers will be in a more customer-centric state of mind by then, if the world economic picture continues to deteriorate, which it gives every indication of so doing.

·
Registered
444 Posts
be funny if you got a "leftover" discount next year on the bike you ordered and canceled.
Maybe the panniers will be there by then...lol! Actually, I doubt the bike will stay in the dealership more than a few days. Someone will take it. If they haven't already...it's not showing on the dealer's inventory of Suzuki bikes.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Your gonna miss this bike! Yea that bmw is more powerful and more uncomfortable in the same sentence.

The Suzuki is the real deal sorry so many have jumped ship but this is not a Suzuki issue it’s a global problem I won’t get into if you know you know.

Love my GT+ it’s about awesome machine!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ain’t gonna blow, mines been hit hard since day one. It’s just a loud bitch on some hot starts. As reported by many others. I just ignore it at this point. Haven’t rode it in weeks and I bet I still have more miles than anyone here lol except Trevor he might closing in on me soon. **** I don’t care I bought this thing to ride but I went into another money pit direction here of late. Called DRZ 400 lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I got 1300 homie! im coming up on you guys.

I had my gsxs1000 naked for 3 years.. got 2200 miles on it when I sold.

loving this bike so much more than that. it was a fun bike, but gdamn naked riding does a number on you in the highway.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I got 1300 homie! im coming up on you guys.

I had my gsxs1000 naked for 3 years.. got 2200 miles on it when I sold.

loving this bike so much more than that. it was a fun bike, but gdamn naked riding does a number on you in the highway.
lol on the naked comment and yes I agree

1300 like 3 years riding for you if I recall lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Your gonna miss this bike! Yea that bmw is more powerful and more uncomfortable in the same sentence.

The Suzuki is the real deal sorry so many have jumped ship but this is not a Suzuki issue it’s a global problem I won’t get into if you know you know.

Love my GT+ it’s about awesome machine!
You may be right. What I'd miss about the BMW, though, are: forged wheels, electronic suspension, right angle valve stems, 200-size rear tire, a windscreen that works for me, ultra-smooth engine with no rattles, incredible Brembo one-finger stopping power in front, longer service intervals, factory heated grips, etc. What I'm giving up by not trading: more comfortable ergos and panniers (well, once they arrive...lol). But, yeah, that riding position and the panniers. Still, with Heli bars my RR is good for 250-300 miles in a day, even at my age (75).

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You may be right. What I'd miss about the BMW, though, are: forged wheels, electronic suspension, right angle valve stems, 200-size rear tire, a windscreen that works for me, ultra-smooth engine with no rattles, incredible Brembo one-finger stopping power in front, longer service intervals, factory heated grips, etc. What I'm giving up by not trading: more comfortable ergos and panniers (well, once they arrive...lol). But, yeah, that riding position and the panniers. Still, with Heli bars my RR is good for 250-300 miles in a day, even at my age (75).
I wouldn't know the difference between anything except the noise.
I just tossed in full synthetic, so I will prob do oil every 3-4 years or so. or 7-10k whatever comes first. (assuming years

1 - 20 of 35 Posts