GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wouldn't know the difference between anything except the noise.
I just tossed in full synthetic, so I will prob do oil every 3-4 years or so. or 7-10k whatever comes first. (assuming years
I'd bet you'd notice the difference between cast and forged wheels. My first RR was a 2013 model, with cast wheels. My next was the HP4, which had forged wheels. The difference in turning was like the difference between power steering in a car and no hydraulic-assist steering.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
2016 f
687 Posts
Its really about weight and strength, i.e getting as light as possible without sacrificing strength, light wheels do transform the steering, as they are the main thing stopping the bike from changing direction, their rotational weight increases dramatically with speed, just go to a racetrack sometime, stand near the fast straight, itll amaze you how much they "drum" the road

·
Registered
436 Posts
When I went from a bike with cast wheels to forged, I couldn't believe the difference. Turning in was so much easier...I'd just think, and the bike would turn. With cast wheels it was a bit more of a wrestling match.

If a person wanted to, they could take the GT, install better brake pads and buy some forged wheels and transform it into a real fun ride. Probably cost a couple thousand dollars to do it, but there's nothing rational about bike ownership, so justifying it doesn't even come into the equation...lol!

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,403 Posts
BEARR said :-
but there's nothing rational about bike ownership
Best statement Iv'e seen on here for a long time. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2022 GSX S1000GT+
paniers / side cases did not come with the bike. Was told by Suzuki national customer service and the dealer that they are on national back order till end of September. Heated grips and larger windshield are also on national back order. How can Suzuki release an all new bike that supposed to come with sidecases with no side cases? Also i called Suzuki technical support for assistance on connecting my smart phone to the TFT SCREEN. They said they could not help me because I was not a dealer. The bike is so new the dealer does not know how to connect the phone and use the integration.
this is turning into a joke
I should be receiving mine this Friday, without panniers. I'm excited.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did anyone here get their panniers without locks? Mine are finally on their way. If you look at the boxes the panniers come in one box with the reflectors, and the lock holders (and a manual that says "locks are not included". The next box comes with the side mounts and screws, and the third one comes with the color panels and screws (either blue or black). There were no locks, and Suzuki wasn't even aware of it until I sent them the installation booklets that came in the boxes that showed they are not included. But they did take care of it. I'm still waiting to hear someone state their GT+ came complete from the dealer. The dealer has to key the ignition to the tumblers though ( or call out a locksmith).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Did anyone here get their panniers without locks? Mine are finally on their way. If you look at the boxes the panniers come in one box with the reflectors, and the lock holders (and a manual that says "locks are not included". The next box comes with the side mounts and screws, and the third one comes with the color panels and screws (either blue or black). There were no locks, and Suzuki wasn't even aware of it until I sent them the installation booklets that came in the boxes that showed they are not included. But they did take care of it. I'm still waiting to hear someone state their GT+ came complete from the dealer. The dealer has to key the ignition to the tumblers though ( or call out a locksmith).
I have my bags on my bike. fully functional.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts