GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can well imagine it.. bad fueling, imbalanced engine, bizarre posture, jarringly hard suspension, pointlessly loud exhaust.. Might as well ride that hideous Sportster. I like sewing machines.. balanced, functional, efficient.. the faster and stronger and quieter the better :cool:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun for around town or back county relax cruising.

And it wasa chic magnet, Idc what anyone thinks. In Ohio, girls come and hop on Harley’s as this is Harley country. Itook it to Harley events just to pick up some hot Harley hoe

worked few times lmao.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can well imagine it.. bad fueling, imbalanced engine, bizarre posture, jarringly hard suspension, pointlessly loud exhaust.. Might as well ride that hideous Sportster. I like sewing machines.. balanced, functional, efficient.. the faster and stronger and quieter the better :cool:
I think you may be getting confused with character vrs sh!t, lol..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you may be getting confused with character vrs sh!t, lol..
That is likely true- I am having problems telling them apart :LOL:

Apparently the bike doesn't have to be vintagey to have character... perhaps it has to be a boutique older brand which hipsters like? I have the impression to have character the bike has to be unreliable and erratic, or somehow difficult in an unconventional way. Definitely it can't have inexpensive or widely available parts or be easy to work on...

(sorry just harrasing you lol)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So, as I understand it, that V7 has character but my old Suzuki Boulevard 50hp cruiser which also was a lot of fun doesn't have it despite having the same # of cylinders. Maybe its about the seat shape? Can't be the headlight- my Suzuki had a round one also...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well it was sewing machine smooth, well-behaved, quiet, easy to work on, many parts available, pretty good aftermarket support- so I think that means it can't have "character". OTOH it was shaft drive so maybe that counts in its favor?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
41 - 56 of 56 Posts