GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in the Ktech Razor shock in over the weekend and took it out for a spin - the bike is transformed! Shocking, right?!
The bike now tracks the line through the corners without any wallowing. Previously bumpy teeth jarring sections that required coasting are now manageable at normal pace with constant throttle.

The results are instantaneous and if you're on the fence about getting a replacement shock for the stock one, just do it - In my opinion it is the best mod you can do and I wish I didn't wait this long to do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh great, more tempting for me... Christmas is coming though!

Easy self-install and where'd you get it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh great, more tempting for me... Christmas is coming though!

Easy self-install and where'd you get it?
Install was easy - the worst part was getting the old shock out and putting new one in takes some wiggling around with the stock exhaust in place. I used an ABBA stand to get the bike up, but you could also do it with couple of jack stands under the pegs (just make sure you support it under the non-folding end).

I got it from Omniracing in Italy - overall very happy with the company and the price:
https://www.omniaracing.net/en/mono-adjustable-rear-shock-absorber-tech-razor-328mm-for-suzuki-gsxs1000-2015-p-119176.html

buy it and make it a very Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I put in the Ktech Razor shock in over the weekend and took it out for a spin - the bike is transformed! Shocking, right?!
The bike now tracks the line through the corners without any wallowing. Previously bumpy teeth jarring sections that required coasting are now manageable at normal pace with constant throttle.

The results are instantaneous and if you're on the fence about getting a replacement shock for the stock one, just do it - In my opinion it is the best mod you can do and I wish I didn't wait this long to do it.
+1. It's the best upgrade I've done.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I installed my Razor a couple of months ago. I would have liked to say that I was SHOCKED by the results but due to the great comments on this forum (thank you Mike D and others) I knew it would be good. And I was not disappointed.

I should have done it sooner. I just keep dialing it softer and my old bones love it.

I too used a ABBA stand and did not remove the exhaust just loosened it in the back. Not cake but definitely doable even for an accountant!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just put my order in to purchase the razor R rear shock plus k-tech fork piston kit and k-tech fork springs $2000au installed and set up to ride.
I just can’t ride the bike how I want with the stock suspension it just gets out of shape to Much on bumpy roads..
Anyhow just have to wait for all the part to arrive :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
definitely doable even for an accountant!
That's my profession too so I'll be good! :D

Actually, I've done much worse on my previous cars for sure.

May wait and see if any Black Friday deals show up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, if you find one, give me a shout as I'm long overdue for some comfort mods!
For sure but the only online retailer I can think of that may have a deal would be Revzilla. K-Tech's don't seem to be widely available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just put my order in to purchase the razor R rear shock plus k-tech fork piston kit and k-tech fork springs $2000au installed and set up to ride.
I just can’t ride the bike how I want with the stock suspension it just gets out of shape to Much on bumpy roads..
Anyhow just have to wait for all the part to arrive :D
Good call on getting the front done too. Once the rear is done it exposes the weak points of the stock front end - keep us posted on how you like your overall set up!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Purchased mine from Revzilla and got it on a christmas discount sale. At the time no state sales tax either. now they are charging state sales tax here.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mate its really worth it.
For me the stock suspention is crap It just gave me no confidence.
I was actually laughing riding home yesterday the bike just stays on track through bumpy corners.
With the new rubber the bike is quicker to lean in and it actually stays lock in when lent over I can't wait to try it on the tight stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts