GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to buy a full K5 Titanium exhaust system and had a mechanic attempt to fit them to the GSXS1000F; regrettably without major modification it is not possible because the sump on the GSXS is in a different position to the GSXR and up towards the headers, the K5 pipes sweep down under the motor, but the GSXS has an oil cooler/heat exchanger in the way; this apparently is why the GSXS pipes leave the motor then sweep forwards to pass these obstacles; oh well, at least now I know .

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyway Paul, maybe I should have asked you first; so I thought I would be selling a full GSXS1000F exhaust but I now have a surplus full K5-K6 exhaust system, which for interest sake weights less than 6 kg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks anyway Paul, maybe I should have asked you first; so I thought I would be selling a full GSXS1000F exhaust but I now have a surplus full K5-K6 exhaust system, which for interest sake weights less than 6 kg
Interesting, my full system, stainless headers and titanium can only weighs 5.1Kg, I'd have thought the Titanium headers were lighter

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weight is a guess Paul, the headers were as light as a paperback book,but the muffler, we estimate 4-5 kgs;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts