GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one on my V-Strom and would like one on my GSXS. Kaoko's web site doesn't list one specifically for it but I suspect one will fit that is advertised for another model.

Anyone know which one will work?

Thx...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one on my V-Strom and would like one on my GSXS. Kaoko's web site doesn't list one specifically for it but I suspect one will fit that is advertised for another model.

Anyone know which one will work?

Thx...
I am working with Twisted Throttle to identify a fit. I gave them the dimensions of my bars and they believe the have a match but need to pull it from from the warehouse to measure and confirm. They did this for me a few years back on a another un-listed bike it and worked perfectly. I will share as soon as I hear!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am working with Twisted Throttle to identify a fit. I gave them the dimensions of my bars and they believe the have a match but need to pull it from from the warehouse to measure and confirm. They did this for me a few years back on a another un-listed bike it and worked perfectly. I will share as soon as I hear!
I sent my bar and grip measurements to Kaoko and they confirmed that their model SUZ100 will fit the GSX-S bars. I ordered one and it fits and works just fine. Go for it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
**** you...another $150 out the door. SUZ100 comes w/ a matching left bar-end, correct?
That's was the one that Twisted Throttle was going to make measurements on.

Sweet info--thanks

Yes, it has a left hand-side buddy that comes with it:

Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control for Suzuki B-King, Bandit GSF1250(A/FA/SA), GSF1200, GSX-R1000, TL1000(S/R), GSX-R750, GSF650(A/S/N/SA), GSX650(F/FA), GSR650, SV650, SFV650 Gladius, GSF600(S/N), GSX-R600, GSR600A, & Kawasaki KLR650 '86-'07 | Twist

Another $157 out the door!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
No use here in the uk our roads have too many twistie bits in them ;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not bad. Got it for about the same thing via RevZilla. $150 - $10 in RZ bucks (or whatever they're called) and free shipping. Makes more sense being here on the east coast (Philly -> DC usually means 2 days for delivery).

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Twisted Package arrived today and the KAOKO slipped right in.

When removing the stock bar weights loosen the Philips Screw about 6 turns and wiggle the assembly out. If you back the screw all of the way out you will leave the stock rubber compression bushing 3 inches inside your handlebar tube.

Here are a couple of pics:
IMG_7206 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_7207 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just ordered a set for myself and my wife's bike. Thanks for the great info.

Thanks, Roddie

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought I read on another thread that the Kaoko throttle lock didn't extend very far into the handle bar and didn't feel secure. Is that true or am I confusing it with another brand of throttle lock? The stock bar end weight extends about 4 inches into the bar. How far does the Kaoko extend into the handle bar?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought I read on another thread that the Kaoko throttle lock didn't extend very far into the handle bar and didn't feel secure. Is that true or am I confusing it with another brand of throttle lock? The stock bar end weight extends about 4 inches into the bar. How far does the Kaoko extend into the handle bar?
I just figured out where I read the complaint about the short extension into the handle bar end. It was in one of the product reviews on the Twisted Throttle website. When you look at the pictures on the web page, it is indeed a much shorter extension than the stock bar end weight. I assume you guys don't have a problem with it. Also, one of the reviewers said he was unable to install the matching left side bar end weight. Any comments on that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
So far I have no issues. No vibrations and I had no problem installing the supplied left side bar end. I was genuinely worried getting the original phillips head bolts to back out but had no problem...no heat, no nothing. Just remember what mjfields said-- don't go more than 6 revolutions counter clockwise when trying to remove the OEM bar ends or you risk the end nut coming off, forcing you to get creative to get all the pieces out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just remember what mjfields said-- don't go more than 6 revolutions counter clockwise when trying to remove the OEM bar ends or you risk the end nut coming off, forcing you to get creative to get all the pieces out.
I've already removed the right side bar end weight to install a throttle tamer and it came out without any problems. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can we have some long term updates/reviews on whether it works well or not. It only takes me about 1/10th of a twist to get to the 80MPH. I'm wondering if twisting the Kaoko 1/10th a turn is enough for it to engage the throttle and hold it from moving. What has everyone found?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine cost about $180 off eBay from memory
No problems fitting and works well
I purchased one to stop numb right hand and since fitting I have been able to rest my right hand as soon as pin and needles sensation starts
I have mine adjusted so there is a light pressure on throttle tube and when I need to rest my hand I just twist the grip ring a bit tighter and it holds the speed
I have done a bit over 2000 klms since fitting it and no more having to pull over to rest my hands
Craig

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm looking into throttle locks and it does seem the Kaoko is one of the better ones. Extremely overpriced though but still might buy one.

How are you guys liking yours? Old thread I know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used the Kaoko on another machine and found that style of throttle lock a bit of a pain to set at the desired speed. The GSXs would be even more of a problem with it's sensitive throttle. The answer for me has been the Go Cruise. It's the easiest to use and at only $20 it's a bargain.
Here's a video on it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts