GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard the Katana is a limited run motorcycle , that they were only going to make 4000 models and stop production after that , does anyone on this forum know if any of this is true .

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
It's probably a rumor put out by Suzuki in the hope getting some sales on the basis of exclusivity.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Openly advised prior to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing . i purchased mine in Nov 2019 1st on on sale in NY , i had to have the bike since i loved the 1983 katana when it first came out i was 19 years old i was like wow, so when they made this one i jump on it, no regrets ,who knows maybe i have a colectors item ,

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a 750 when I was a teen,
When this came out - that was it - sold!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Personally I love the 80s inspired styling just a shame they had to downsize the fuel capacity to achieve it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally I love the 80s inspired styling just a shame they had to downsize the fuel capacity to achieve it.
There’s an alloy replacement tank available profiled slightly higher to improve capacity for those that need it.

Personally I don’t find it a problem. By the time I’ve got low I’m ready for a coffee!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There’s an alloy replacement tank available profiled slightly higher to improve capacity for those that need it.

Personally I don’t find it a problem. By the time I’ve got low I’m ready for a coffee!

im the same way i average 300-400 mile when ever i go ride , i always stop at the 100 mile mark to stretch , or have a smoke, even when riding my harley with a 5,5 liter tank i always stop , i dont see the small tank as a problem

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've talked to two dealers (Gilroy and Monterey) and neither has heard anything as of yet if the Katana will be in the upcoming line....TOTALMOTORCYCLE.COM has already started previewing upcoming models...but has nothing on the Katana. When I got my fender eliminator kit from 'Denise Kirk' they said they were selling well...That means that many Katana buyers that ARE buying the new Katana but don't like the rear fender and are changing it..and that maybe the folks that are NOT buying the new Katana DON'T like the rear fender...Suzuki should have checked out what the MARKET thought of the "let's attach the rear fender to the swing arm idea" BEFORE they introduced the Katana???...just saying

·
Registered
77 Posts
..the rear fender on the swingarm was a 'trend' that not only Suzuki embraced, other manufacturers did too. Judging by the pictures, the latest 2022 GSX-S1000 are back to the hanging fender from center bottom of seat.

..............And as far as am concerned the Katana is nothing else than a styling change on a GSX-S1000 at the expense of slightly more weight and less fuel, and higher price.........................and so are the latest GSX-S1000 with another change of dressing.....which reportedly are about 20 lbs (10 kg) heavier than the earlier ones.....and I wonder why... as the hardware has stayed the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
..the rear fender on the swingarm was a 'trend' that not only Suzuki embraced, other manufacturers did too. Judging by the pictures, the latest 2022 GSX-S1000 are back to the hanging fender from center bottom of seat.
View attachment 45898
..............And as far as am concerned the Katana is nothing else than a styling change on a GSX-S1000 at the expense of slightly more weight and less fuel, and higher price.........................and so are the latest GSX-S1000 with another change of dressing.....which reportedly are about 20 lbs (10 kg) heavier than the earlier ones.....and I wonder why... as the hardware has stayed the same.
I owned (sold to my neighbor's son) a GSX-S1000. I'd used a pair of Buell front pegs to give me bit more stretch for the ol' knees. When I got the 2020 Katana I found the angle of bend to be easier on my knees. I DID change the license placement with the 'T-Rex tail eliminator kit...When the GXS-S1000 was 1st introduced by Suzuki it was only around 8K...I've been just puttin' around the backroads on the Katana with the TC OFF and it seems to love the twisties. Like I said, if you go to the TOTALMOTORCYCLE.COM site you'll already find some of the 2022 models featured...The Katana is not one of them.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
View attachment 45898
Current naked version = 210kg new 2021 version = 214kg.
Two litres extra fuel = 1.4kg and bigger tank = ??? .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts