GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a full system and my Katana left me with a nice FI code - I went and bought an EXUP eliminator buddy but have no clue where the **** the connectors are located on the Katana?? Do you know where the plugs/connectors for the servo buddy are? :S I can't find an answer anywhere online.

This is the servo buddy I bought which is stated to fit the Katana - but again, I can't locate the connectors anywhere in the tail so I'm confused. I know the servo itself is behind the shock but I can't follow the wires as it's too tight of a squeeze.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure if they routed them the same as the gsx s1000 but mine were on the left side right beside the battery. Between the outer body panel and the frame. Took me a while to find as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Suzuki Workshop manual says that you have to take the tank (black metal bit) off to get at the connectors (2) in the picture below. So looks like just by the rear shock. Confusingly the manual does not mention an EXUP valve, but a EXCV valve which I suspect is the same thing:

Having had the tank off myself (and it is a job and a half on your own), you may be able to take off the bodywork, then unbolt the tank and lift the back end a few inches (or 50-60mm if you prefer) with some kind of jack and get to the connectors. If you need some other info out of the manual, just let me know.

Good luck in your mission Jim and as always this message will self-destruct (queue Mission Impossible music)...

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts