GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone else noticed a slight knocking noise when closing the throttle, seems to be coming from the drive chain or drive sprocket area,, like gear backlash... my chain is adjusted ok ... ? :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi All

Has anyone else noticed a slight knocking noise when closing the throttle, seems to be coming from the drive chain or drive sprocket area,, like gear backlash... my chain is adjusted ok ... ? :confused:
Could be cush drive ? Check it with the dealers and get it replaced under waranty.....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be cush drive ? Check it with the dealers and get it replaced under waranty.....
Doubt cush drive rubbers are knackered yet, although it sounds that it could be except the knock is coming from the drive sprocket/ gearbox area... It's in for it's dyno and remap next Tuesday, I'll see if it's still happening after that as I have a suspicion it could be to do with the fueling as the engine seems to nearly stop dead when I close the throttle... :confused:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doubt cush drive rubbers are knackered yet, although it sounds that it could be except the knock is coming from the drive sprocket/ gearbox area... It's in for it's dyno and remap next Tuesday, I'll see if it's still happening after that as I have a suspicion it could be to do with the fueling as the engine seems to nearly stop dead when I close the throttle... :confused:
Yep my suspicion was right .. when I close the throttle the ECU turns the fuel off, that nigh on turns the engine off so the chain is clonking on the sprockets under the engine braking ... :confused: .... I think...!!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yep my suspicion was right .. when I close the throttle the ECU turns the fuel off, that nigh on turns the engine off so the chain is clonking on the sprockets under the engine braking ... :confused: .... I think...!!!
Did you get that high compression Diesel motor option in yours?>:D
Rob.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What sort of chain grease are you using? I've noticed some run more noisy than others depending on their make up. The dry lube options are especially noisy compared to a good old gloopy grease.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Try using a thick oil on the chain to rule that out.

I doubt cutting the fuel off would create that noise otherwise we would all suffer with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts