GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there a heated grip post last year and i never got around to posting mine, Because the bike has not been ridden, since the woman had neck surgery last spring.

So when i was reading about the oem blues, i decided to go with something different.
The Koso Heated grips showed up at about $119 when i bought them.
At first glance everything was looking to be easy,,,

The grips are 10mm wider then the OEMS, the problem is you cant get the bar end to stop moving around a bit.
So i decided to move the switch housing and the perches inward 10mm to allow the correct grip space.
After that it was not too bad to install them, the throttle tube needs to shaved down, and the right grip is a bear to get on!
So here are a few pics,, They seam to work great, so far no complaints!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the grips. I am surprised that not many gsxs owners install heated grips. I see it as a must if you want to ride year round.
I got the Oxford heated grips. Yours look a little cleaner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Koso heated grips are easily the best heated grips on the market. I can't believe more people don't use them, clean install and easy adjustment.

The only downside with these grips is they are much thicker than stock, but this will be true of all heated grips.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Well there a heated grip post last year and i never got around to posting mine, Because the bike has not been ridden, since the woman had neck surgery last spring.

So when i was reading about the oem blues, i decided to go with something different.
The Koso Heated grips showed up at about $119 when i bought them.
At first glance everything was looking to be easy,,,

The grips are 10mm wider then the OEMS, the problem is you cant get the bar end to stop moving around a bit.
So i decided to move the switch housing and the perches inward 10mm to allow the correct grip space.
After that it was not too bad to install them, the throttle tube needs to shaved down, and the right grip is a bear to get on!
Those look great! What model / size are those? On the website they list 3 different lengths for the HG-13 115mm, 120mm, and 130mm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay soi understand what you mean by shaving it down, but I'm wondering how you went about this? I have attempted to find a step by step video and they always skip to it already being done 😅. I am open to any and all suggestions for an easier install 😁

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm running the 120mm set from Amazon (I think the wfie paid 109 for them before christmas), and I installed them back in January. With the recent warm snap, I was able to get out and ride in the low 30's without issue, and in the 40's I ended up turning them down one or two notches to stay comfy. The grips themselves are quite nice, and thy heat better than my OEM heated grips did on my BMW F800r. Having had oxfords, these are so much nicer, and the switch is so well integrated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Reviving this as the temps are cool and thinking about heated grips. Has anyone installed the 120mm KOSO Apollo heated grips part # AM111010? They seem to be the correct one but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Reviving this as the temps are cool and thinking about heated grips. Has anyone installed the 120mm KOSO Apollo heated grips part # AM111010? They seem to be the correct one but not 100% sure.
I haven't been able to find that particular model anywhere (and I've looked). I've found the AM111030 (130mm length), but the right one, seems to me, is the AM111010 (120mm length). If you find a place to get them, let me know. I want a set too. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't been able to find that particular model anywhere (and I've looked). I've found the AM111030 (130mm length), but the right one, seems to me, is the AM111010 (120mm length). If you find a place to get them, let me know. I want a set too. ;)
Will do Mike. I've reached out to a couple of retailers and they're telling me it's part #205202 as per this local bike shop link: https://gpbikes.com/koso-heated-grip-apollo-1-7-8-205202.html

The Koso North America HO is here in Canada so I've sent them an e-mail to confirm that retailers #205202 is the same as their AM111010 as per their website here: https://kosonorthamerica.com/product/apollo-heated-grips-twist-throttle/

They're closed over the weekend but hope to have an answer next week as the heated glove liners I have are just a PITA ... having had heated grips before, I prefer that option and no worries about the glove batteries running out on me.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Will do Mike. I've reached out to a couple of retailers and they're telling me it's part #205202 as per this local bike shop link: https://gpbikes.com/koso-heated-grip-apollo-1-7-8-205202.html

The Koso North America HO is here in Canada so I've sent them an e-mail to confirm that retailers #205202 is the same as their AM111010 as per their website here: https://kosonorthamerica.com/product/apollo-heated-grips-twist-throttle/

They're closed over the weekend but hope to have an answer next week as the heated glove liners I have are just a PITA ... having had heated grips before, I prefer that option and no worries about the glove batteries running out on me.
Hmm.. since I've last searched, it seem like a few have become available here in the states. This looks like the best deal, they are also available here. (and they are the AM111010 version).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice. You gonna buy a set? I've got a $50 gift card from GP Bikes near me so would prefer to buy from them.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nice. You gonna buy a set? I've got a $50 gift card from GP Bikes near me so would prefer to buy from them.
Still thinking about it. I have a set of e-gloves (battery powered), and I can get down to upper 30sF with those. I really don't enjoy riding much colder than that. The palm/grip side heating would definitely help, but given the mixed reviews of the Koso grips, I haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. If you got a set and liked them, it would probably push me over the edge. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haha, ok I'll be the guinea pig once I confirm the correct set from Koso NA.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Haha, ok I'll be the guinea pig once I confirm the correct set from Koso NA.
Well, I ordered a set, but the weather has been so brutal here (record Oct lows), that I'm not sure when I'll get them on, but they are on their way. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I ordered a set, but the weather has been so brutal here (record Oct lows), that I'm not sure when I'll get them on, but they are on their way. ;)
Fantastic. Let us know how the install goes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts