GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have the US version of the bike there’s some splicing as we don’t have the fang connector. If you get it and need to know what to do let me know. Other than that you just route it as best you can through the OEM wiring harness to the battery. That Porsche one looks sweet, I want to see it lit up!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If you have the US version of the bike there’s is some splicing as we don’t have the fang connector. If you get it and need to know what to do let me know. Other than that you just route it as best you can through the OEM wiring harness. That Porsche one looks sweet, I want to see it lit up!
Coming very soon

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
hi paul, does this go in your gsx- f headlight lense ?
NO, it's far too big for the F, I have 2.5" projectors in my F and they are a very tight fit, This is a 3" projector with quite a large surround for the DRLs. I didn't like the RGB lighting i fitted to this so I'm waiting for new SMD LEDS

This is my F lights

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If you have the US version of the bike there’s some splicing as we don’t have the fang connector. If you get it and need to know what to do let me know. Other than that you just route it as best you can through the OEM wiring harness to the battery. That Porsche one looks sweet, I want to see it lit up!
You asked for it.....

compared to the 750 as I didn't have a naked 1000 around

Daylight running lights

Marker lights as indicators

Dipped beam comparison

Full beam

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've been thinking of getting that assembly with "blue demon eye". when the headlight (low beam) is turned on the blue demon eye turns white correct? Also where do you mount the low beam switch? i havnt seen anyone talk about it

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i've been thinking of getting that assembly with "blue demon eye". when the headlight (low beam) is turned on the blue demon eye turns white correct? Also where do you mount the low beam switch? i havnt seen anyone talk about it
Yes, when the headlight is turned on the centre part of the eye goes white and you can no longer see the blue

Most have a on-off switch mounted on the bars, although I mounted a momentary switch on the lever clamp (made the wiring more complicated but neater)

BTW my GSXS HID conversion headlight is for sale

·
Registered
12 Posts
See thats what I don't get with the kit. Why do you have to go to the battery? You have a fat ass ground wire for the original light bulb (its black with a white dash) and if you follow it in the prints it goes straight to the negative on the battery. Why not just splice right into it and then you're not running wires all the way to the battery.... You can run multiple wires in a splice, airplanes do it all the time and trust me that meaty wire can definitely handle the amps from a little Halo ring and HID (which most draw is right at start up when it's cold) after that they dont draw ****. That just is sooo tacky to me to run wires and stack them up on already crowded battery terminal area. If you need power just wrap it into the power wire for the original low beam which is always on when the bikes on. That's what I did with the R1 and it really limited having like a crap ton of wires running everywhere. If the circuits sensitive, like it cant do the 20 amp what the headlight fuse provides, just run a smaller fuse right off the that circuits wire where its spliced. Like if I had the plug with pins for the headlight connector I could wire your entire kit into it so it was just a plug and play harness... Makes life so much easier and for the prices you're running you should definitely have one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts