GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished installing a set of Kuryakyn Phantom bar end mirrors in gloss black. $160 CDN on Amazon.

First off, the quality is amazing. These are really built well. The swivel in the mirror head socket is very firm.... you have to give it a good tug to reposition it. The optics are crystal clear. They install easily, replacing your stock bar end weights with a metal sleeve that compresses on itself to hold them on. Added a little locktite on the screw so they should be good to go.

After looking at the crazy prices of CRG and Rizoma, I decided to go back to my cruiser roots and discovered these. Glad I did.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Related to Goon's question. Can you use the OEM bar ends with them? I got rid of my OEM bar-ends temporarily for some delrin machined slider version and was very unhappy with the vibration, so I went back to stock. I found some bar-end mirrors that work with the stock bar-ends and they have been good, but I also like the look of the Kuryakyn Phantom's. Also, are they convex (increased field of view)?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Related to Goon's question. Can you use the OEM bar ends with them? ... Also, are they convex (increased field of view)?
Sorry guys, the weather took a turn for worse here right after install with rain and cool temps. I'm a fair weather rider, so I haven't had a chance to test if vibrations have increased.

As to your other question, no, you can't use the OEM bar end weights. But if I find that the mirrors don't hold to my liking I will replace the metal bar end inserts from Kuryakyn with the stock rubber ones. I'll report back once I can get out again.

And yes, the mirrors are very slightly convex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts