GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've seen some GSX-S's adervtised with L5 and L6 after the full designator, is this a reference to the model year?

·
Registered
400 Posts
If in the UK then yes L0 = 2010, L1 =2011 and so on, same as with gixxers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee, yes I'm in the UK. I see you're in Merseyside, what do you make of millenium motorcycles pre-registered deals on the GSX-S1000's up there, do you know of any catches?

The follow up question is are there any differences between the L5 & L6's? There seems little information on the internet, hoping there are some knowledgeable GSX-S people on here. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
No expert mate but as far as i'm aware there's no difference in models.
As for millenium, i got mine from them when they first came out last June and so 1st owner, so the only catch i can see is that you'll be the second owner of a zero miles bike that might have been registered in 2015 but purchased by you in 2016 so will have 12 month less original warranty ( again i'm no expert on this ) or at least loss of warranty period between the original registration date and your purchase date. Worth questioning them about it really for peace of mind.

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like me and you where first to have GSX S1000 in north west and got mine from Bolton motorcycles. Any regrets over your choice of bike? Done 13000 miles on mine now and love it albeit the snatchy throttle.
Just wish we had the weather they have in America and Australia(the good weather that is)?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks like me and you where first to have GSX S1000 in north west and got mine from Bolton motorcycles. Any regrets over your choice of bike? Done 13000 miles on mine now and love it albeit the snatchy throttle.
Yeah one of the first batch out of Millenium, weird feeling riding home after I picked it up thinking - brand new bike, brand new model and anyone looking at it was probably seeing it for the first time on NW roads, nuts ehh.
No regrets at all pal, absolutely love this bike. Fitted a HM QS, PCv and fettled the suspension after 1K and this bike hits every button for me. >:D>:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Have you seen any L5 F's in the UK? I ordered mine in May last year and had one of the first F's delivered in July which is an L6. Would be interesting to know if any previous MY were imported.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you seen any L5 F's in the UK?
I've only noticed it on a couple of adverts, having re-checked no L5's appear to be F's. I was just curious as to L5/L6's as I'm trying to find a catch in what looks like a too good a deal.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My understanding was The GSX-S 1000 and GSX-S1000F was an early release of the 2016 model ie L6. This being the case all L5 registered bikes are still infact the L6 model.

I have not found any info on any additional model changes since release. As far as i know the release version is still unchanged

It might be that L6 bikes have already had the two recall issues solved at the factory.

i) radiator hose was the wrong way round on early bikes this was a recall
ii) there was some issues with calipers having some of the paint / coating inside the piston area

Other than that i don't believe there is any differences.

Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts