GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,731 Posts
Does any body have a picture of the vent hose under the tank. I am wondering if the hose with the t was not installed correctly.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Items 21&22 are located more or less vertical on the bike

Reactions: Gixxus_Lou

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you guys. Those are the same way my hoses are. I was hoping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
A little more info. So I took the bike out for another ride. 10 minutes into the ride. Bike starts to surge high rpms. Pull over turn bike off and pop the gas cap. No psst sound or abnormal cap release. Start bike up and rides great. 5 minutes later, starts to surge at high rpms. Thinking I have a vent issue even though I verified no kinked lines. I pull over, turn the bike off and pop the gas cap but this time I leave it open. Start the bike up and runs great for around 5 minutes then starts to surge again at high rpms. Repeat the process and close the tank up then ride the rest of the way home. Longer I ride the lower the rpms the surging takes place.

Makes me wonder if it's electrical instead fuel pump. Unless the priming of the fuel pump has anything to do with how its running. I am completely stumped on this issue.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Interesting - it does sound like a fuel supply issue at those higher rpm's when more fuel is needed. I'm not sure if these bikes have a fuel filter but that may be clogged a bit?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,731 Posts
Do a forum search, #13 on this thread for a start.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There is a filter on the fuel pump. The bike only has 4k miles on it. The pump and filter was changed new at around 640 miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts