GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s Fall in VT
I Was actually able to get out on the GSXS today …. Will it be the last ride of the year for her ???
I hope not as I am close to breaking 300 miles on her

Attachments

· Registered
668 Posts
That sucks. Here in NC its prime riding season. I don't ride much in summer here, it's just too **** hot and humid. Spring and fall are awesome. The leaves are just starting to change here. The Blue Ridge mountains are spectacular in the fall. Unfortunately the BR highway is jam packed with foilage fans to enjoy the curves much buts its just as well. Makes you slow down and appreciate the show nature is putting on all around you.

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is just starting getting good here and we do have a couple big day rides planned but I will be taking the V1K.
With that said Weather dependent I will try and take a day off next week and put a good day on the GSXS.

· Registered
2022 GSX-S1000
94 Posts
I'm in TN and still looking at a good month or two of riding. It's getting a little too cold for me to commute to work in the morning (0530 out in the country) but afternoons are still great!

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice
I actually am going to take Wednesday off and go for an actual last ride of the year with the GSXs. Then service and put her up till April ish of next year

· Registered
508 Posts
I pretty much ride year around here in NC. I do have a heated jacket liner once it dips below freezing. Riding the naked my cut off temperature is right around 20 degrees. Hayabusa I rode down to 7 degrees and that was without heated gear. That’s one way to wake yourself up, early in the morning. lol

· Registered
8 Posts
I pretty much ride year around here in NC. I do have a heated jacket liner once it dips below freezing. Riding the naked my cut off temperature is right around 20 degrees. Hayabusa I rode down to 7 degrees and that was without heated gear. That’s one way to wake yourself up, early in the morning. lol
What heated gear do you use? Any recommendations?

· Registered
1,684 Posts
ohio here, got about a week left of a few days of riding. then shes up for winter. I racked up 1800 miles this year, enough to break it in and not worry about blowing up. warranty will be expired when I start riding again

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ohio here, got about a week left of a few days of riding. then shes up for winter. I racked up 1800 miles this year, enough to break it in and not worry about blowing up. warranty will be expired when I start r
I have just under 300 mile on mine but plan on taking Wednesday off and hope to put a sold 150 miles and then she is getting put up for about 6 months

· Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just under 300 mile on mine but plan on taking Wednesday off and hope to put a sold 150 miles and then she is getting put up for about 6 months
We planned a route that is about 220 miles and just two of us going. His ride of choice this time is his 2021 StreetFighter, that girl is insane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts