GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, is anyone here felt the need of more light output from our oem headlight units?? I am doing quite a few night riding and felt recently about upgrading the oem bulbs. So as the fast thing i did was bought +130 night light breaker bulbs but still i find myself in need of more light output (probably being more used to daymaker led from my harley). Now i find some led bulbs on ebay but not exactly sure of the fitment. I have attached the pics below so you guys can have a look. I am in doubt about the bulkyness of the led bulb will fit our tight space headlight unit.

I will be happy to see what others did or anyone else has install this kind of bulbs on there gsx's.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Very pleased with the Ring Automotive + 130 Xenon bulb I fitted - see the comparative photos on this blog post: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: The Suzuki GSX-S 1000A - after 2000 km. I bought a pair direct from Autobulbs UK as I've dealt with them before.

Will be interested in the result of your proposed mod if you decide to go ahead!

Edit: Be very careful with those blue halogen bulbs. A mate bought some from eBay and they were worse than his OEM ones. Stick to reputable brands like Ring, Osram, Phillips etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, is anyone here felt the need of more light output from our oem headlight units?? I am doing quite a few night riding and felt recently about upgrading the oem bulbs. So as the fast thing i did was bought +130 night light breaker bulbs but still i find myself in need of more light output (probably being more used to daymaker led from my harley). Now i find some led bulbs on ebay but not exactly sure of the fitment. I have attached the pics below so you guys can have a look. I am in doubt about the bulkyness of the led bulb will fit our tight space headlight unit.

I will be happy to see what others did or anyone else has install this kind of bulbs on there gsx's.

Cheers

I fitted a LEd bulp. I had to cutaway some of the cover on the back of the headlight so the base of the led lamp would fit. I have more light output and I am much more visible while filtering.

I fitted this one:

LED lamp geventileerde

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very pleased with the Ring Automotive + 130 Xenon bulb I fitted - see the comparative photos on this blog post: Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist: The Suzuki GSX-S 1000A - after 2000 km. I bought a pair direct from Autobulbs UK as I've dealt with them before.

Will be interested in the result of your proposed mod if you decide to go ahead!

Edit: Be very careful with those blue halogen bulbs. A mate bought some from eBay and they were worse than his OEM ones. Stick to reputable brands like Ring, Osram, Phillips etc.
Yup i know i just put the blue halogen just to compare the base with the led.

I did had a experience with 130+philip halogen on my previous motorcycle(harley davidson) but after i install the led(Harley daymaker) on my previous bike it's just uncomparable

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fitted a LEd bulp. I had to cutaway some of the cover on the back of the headlight so the base of the led lamp would fit. I have more light output and I am much more visible while filtering.

I fitted this one:

LED lamp geventileerde
How did you fitted the led fan on our pin fitment. I mean if you look at the Led bulb it has a fixed fan base with it and if we try to fit that on our unit it uses a pin locking system. So how did you overcome that??

If you look at my previous picture you will know what i am talking about.

Btw here i have attached a image of the pin locking system talking about. Its from the manual book.

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you fitted the led fan on our pin fitment. I mean if you look at the Led bulb it has a fixed fan base with it and if we try to fit that on our unit it uses a pin locking system. So how did you overcome that??

Btw here i have attached a image of the pin locking system talking about. Its from the manual book.

Cheers,
The connector isn't fixed to the base but on a short wire. So it is fairely easy to connect it to (2). The only "thing" is that the clamp (3) that goes over the base needs a bit of pressure to get over/around the base of the LED lamp. The rubber cover that goes over the hole is to small so I had to remove the inner part to ensure ventilation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Cheers,
The connector isn't fixed to the base but on a short wire. So it is fairely easy to connect it to (2). The only "thing" is that the clamp (3) that goes over the base needs a bit of pressure to get over/around the base of the LED lamp. The rubber cover that goes over the hole is to small so I had to remove the inner part to ensure ventilation.
Thanks mate:+1:. Will give it a shot later this week once i received my led bulbs which is hopefully arrive by friday this week finger crossed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got the H4 LED for my naked. I got a Phillips Ultinon LED... It is expensive, but it really rocks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Had to aim the stock a bit higher..........................

I swapped both mine (S1000F) with OSRAM NightRacer 110 .
MC specific and much better light output than stock.
In the winter many times it's dark on the way home, The stock is not very bright, but did adjust it and (sorry cars , also use high beams during the day anyway) it aims a bit higher because of the dark canyons at night.

Been thinking of which to get (replace).

How is this one mike, a lot brighter? by about how much % and distance (about?)

thanks

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
In the winter many times it's dark on the way home, The stock is not very bright, but did adjust it and (sorry cars , also use high beams during the day anyway) it aims a bit higher because of the dark canyons at night.

Been thinking of which to get (replace).

How is this one mike, a lot brighter? by about how much % and distance (about?)

thanks
I really can't give you a definitive answer, because I haven't done any measurements. Also, I adjusted my headlight when I put then in, so in true scientific fashion, I changed all of the variables at once.
;)
They seem much brighter than stock to me. I'd guess at least 50% brighter. The downside is that the claimed life is shorter too, but I haven't had one burn out on me yet (over three different motorcycles), and with the F, we always have a backup, so I haven't worried much about it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I was able to find them 2 for $30 USD. I don't consider that too bad.
I'd pay that, I think $20 per bulb is about my upper limit, unless I'm gonna go so far as an LED conversion. What I really want to do, but am just to **** lazy, is put some blinkers in the F's "fangs"

·
Registered
719 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G...r+Warranty&dpPl=1&dpID=51ocrAqrBcL&ref=plSrch

I purchased these. The led is in the same position and distance as a halogen bulb. Very bright. Decent cutoff. Good LED chip. Have been on the first bulb from package for abou 8 months.
The phillips led is good bit waaaayyy over priced. There are other companies that even use phillip led and have basically the same design for much cheaper.

Keep in mind, in a reflector housing headlight.... there is only so bright you can go before glare becomes an issue. Its just physics....you need a projector beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'd pay that, I think $20 per bulb is about my upper limit, unless I'm gonna go so far as an LED conversion. What I really want to do, but am just to **** lazy, is put some blinkers in the F's "fangs"
Yea, I'm kinda bummed we don't get the fang lights, but lazy too, so unless there's a simple solution, I'll live with it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts