GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was about to contribute on another thread that was being derailed by dog lovers and I thought it would be interesting to have a specific thread for it. I have a 12 yo rescue Lurcher (Cleo) and a 1 yo white Lab pup (Daisy). Both great dogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
2 cool dogs mike'''''i always had dogs....moved in with my girl she had 2 small dogs, they slept on the bed every night..one growled at me every night getting in bed....well there gone now....Have a cat now it thinks its a dog

·
Registered
871 Posts
This is Ellie. She's several months old. She is a Black Mouth Cur that we rescued from the shelter. Took us a while to be ready for a new dog after having to put down our 13 month old German Shepherd. This is the most chill puppy I've ever seen. She'll lay around all day on her bed while I work from home, but when I turn her loose she's just a brown blur. Our GSD wouldn't ever let us have a moment's peace when she was a puppy but this one is much more relaxed. Super smart, obedient but very emotional. She's worked into our hearts and healed the hurt we had from losing our last one.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 cool dogs mike'''''i always had dogs....moved in with my girl she had 2 small dogs, they slept on the bed every night..one growled at me every night getting in bed....well there gone now....Have a cat now it thinks its a dog
We had a great cat too that thought she was a dog. She just passed away about two years ago at 19 years old. She was fantastic and got along with Cleo great.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is Ellie. She's several months old. She is a Black Mouth Cur that we rescued from the shelter. Took us a while to be ready for a new dog after having to put down our 13 month old German Shepherd. This is the most chill puppy I've ever seen. She'll lay around all day on her bed while I work from home, but when I turn her loose she's just a brown blur. Our GSD wouldn't ever let us have a moment's peace when she was a puppy but this one is much more relaxed. Super smart, obedient but very emotional. She's worked into our hearts and healed the hurt we had from losing our last one.

Beautiful pup. Dogs are great at lifting our spirits and helping us through rough times. My lab is the offspring of a service dog and she seems to have amazing intuition an empathy. She's a real "people" dog.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mr. Buddy:

13 month old Beagle with his friend, Mr. Garfield.

I have always had a dog since I was two (2) years old. Buddy is by far the most loving. His thing is he likes to for you to hold him in such a way that he can wrap his paws around your neck. He is a hugger.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My girls. Sugar (I think a Malti-tzu) was a rescue from a house where an old man lived by himself and had accumulated about 50 dogs. He was found dead one day, the dogs having to fend for themselves - some apparently were pretty mean. Sugar had several puppies at the time and all but one were killed by other dogs after the man passed. Very sweet dog and loves people, especially very attached to us. Wish she could talk and tell us her story.

Second two pics were at Seneca State Forest in West Virginia.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts