GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike fell over this am... Levers and Frame Sliders... Yay

Whats up yall,

Having a crap morning since I let my bike fall over this am. Thought I had the kickstand down and welp... I didn't I need a new set of levers and some frame sliders for my faired model... I read in a different thread that the levers match up to a k9 GSXR Lever and there was some confusion on some sort of switch that makes the RPMs bounce a hair.

Is there a visual cue on a set of levers to know if it hits that switch?

Also, as far as frame sliders go, wouldn't there be an easy match up for them as well provided the hardware was the same thread pitch and depth as a GSXR or similar suzuki model?

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the Vagabond Frame sliders. Still concerned about getting the right handles. I am in the continental US so I would like to have them from somewhere here just because of the time of shipping.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That sucks. Bet you said a few choice words to yourself straight afterwards too! Still, at least it is only levers and frame sliders.

You say you went for Vagabond slides. What levers are you going to go for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sucks. Bet you said a few choice words to yourself straight afterwards too! Still, at least it is only levers and frame sliders.

You say you went for Vagabond slides. What levers are you going to go for?

I was looking for a set to order on Amazon Prime so that if I dont like em, they will be returnable. I ordered these hoping they will do the trick...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SWTMZLI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I yelled "F#*K" at the top of my lungs in my neighborhood. I am so defeated right now. I scratched part of my fairing too on the red and I didn't survey for more damage. I put it back in the garage and drove my car. :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds very sensible. You'll have to let us know how they fit.

That first time you damage the new girl in your life is always hard. After that, however, she is truly yours. That's the way I always looked at it. Doesn't make the first incident any easier, but I find afterwards you're a little less precious about her and enjoy her to the fullest.

I was looking for a set to order on Amazon Prime so that if I dont like em, they will be returnable. I ordered these hoping they will do the trick...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SWTMZLI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I yelled "F#*K" at the top of my lungs in my neighborhood. I am so defeated right now. I scratched part of my fairing too on the red and I didn't survey for more damage. I put it back in the garage and drove my car. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Levers fit flawlessly GSXSDrew. They did require that little tube out of the stock handle to fit tight on the clutch side. Sliders look great, like big ol tubular sliders on a faired out motorbike. I love it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Levers fit flawlessly GSXSDrew. They did require that little tube out of the stock handle to fit tight on the clutch side. Sliders look great, like big ol tubular sliders on a faired out motorbike. I love it!
hahah I guess I missed that tube, or lost it. I'll have to double check. I've been meaning to get an o-ring, but don't mind the little play that is there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts