GSXS 1000 Forum banner

levers

9K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Ghostrider.1127 
#1 ·
just a quick heads up guys the levers are the same as the k9 on gsxr 1000
just fitted a pair of asv shorty c5,s to the gsxs and they fitted a treat fitting time 15 minutes max looks great fitted
steve

#8 ·
Aren't those two wires the 'Clutch Switch Lever?' I think it works in conjunction with the sidestand lever so you can't start your bike in gear without the clutch lever pushed in. My Yamaha has that as well...but someone chime in as I'm not a mechanic.

#11 ·
The GSXS has a system that automatically increases the rpm when the clutch is being engaged.. As you release the lever, the rpm will move from 1000 to app 1300. When I installed my Pazzos i found that the idle speed would fluctuate on it own with no throttle input. I had to adjust my levers to eliminate this. There is a micro switch behind the clutch lever.

#16 ·
So when I first installed my Pazzos I had my clutch set at the no.1 position. I was having issues with the idle speed bouncing up and down. I set the lever to the no. 3 position and the fluctuations went away. Today I went for a 300 km ride and tried the no. 1 setting again. This time I saw no idle speed fluctuations. Who knows ?The less time I spend idling the less the problems will be. Vroooom.

#19 ·
got v-trek in black mat for mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.