GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im thinking about changing my decatted stock headers to one of these lextek is cheapest and other 2 about the same , the delkevic is 4-1 like yoshi so curious how that would compare to others anyone got experience?

Ive read quite abit about blackwidow on here but cant find much info on lextek and none on delkevic

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I remember analyzing pipes sizing. I have measured my blackwidow and looked up number for lextek or delkevic. I don’t remember which one, or I looked up both, sorry! But I think I remember that the header exit toward the muffler was bigger on blackwidow. Like the difference between ID and OD. The blackwidow exit is bigger than stock, looks like I would need to remove the tick gasket to make fit the stock muffler on blackwidow header. So about 6mm diameter difference.

As kiwi identified, the blackwidow does have a lil choke point on one junction, but that can be fixed. When I looked it up, it looked like the blackwidow had more potential.

4-to-1 with long runners would be nice for top end though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
358 Posts
curious how that would compare to others anyone got experience?
Not personal experience. But what Kevin Cameron explains. (If you don't now who Kevin Cameron is, you can probably stop here and ignore the rest). Basically, a 4-1 gives more top end at the expense of some midrange. 4-2-1 takes away some top end for better midrange. Want more?
How Do Motorcycle Exhaust Pipes Work?
It even has a video embedded. The first half or so is 2 stroke exhaust. The second half explains 4 strokes. Some may find it mind numbing. I find it fascinating!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have fitted Black widow headers into the stock can, i liked the fact there was less pieces in the kit, easy to fit (although the shock has to come out to get the exhaust sensor in).
absolutely love the sound, sprayed mine with Black extreme temp paint as the bike its matt black, just adds beautiful lines underneath instead of the turkey tray.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reply i will be looking at getting one soon as the holidays are over, probably not the delkevic like mentioned above it suits more top end, between lextek and black widow, gStudley is your idle lumpy? I know when i tried decat woth stock end can mine was and it was with my toro until we used set valve to add some back pressure but now ive gone to a longer can 350mm bike runs alot smoother down low and even with set valve not adding any back pressure too

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for reply i will be looking at getting one soon as the holidays are over, probably not the delkevic like mentioned above it suits more top end, between lextek and black widow, gStudley is your idle lumpy? I know when i tried decat woth stock end can mine was and it was with my toro until we used set valve to add some back pressure but now ive gone to a longer can 350mm bike runs alot smoother down low and even with set valve not adding any back pressure too
I wouldn’t say it is.. at low speed and low revs it sounds doesnt sound its best but i guess having a K &n filter probably doesn’t help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What does everyone think about fit and finish of the black widow? Also like dan said above studley did you have to remove the oem exhausts thick gasket on outlet to get it to fit stock end can?

·
Registered
47 Posts
What does everyone think about fit and finish of the black widow? Also like dan said above studley did you have to remove the oem exhausts thick gasket on outlet to get it to fit stock end can?
yes i had to peel away some of it to thin it down.. but it all fitted great..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the black widows outlet is bigger than the oem one must be over the 45 mm then

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think i will be pulling trigger on blackwidow is everyone happy with quality of pipes and wear and tear? Also they dont hang too low do they?

thanksguys

and happy new year !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Think i will be pulling trigger on blackwidow is everyone happy with quality of pipes and wear and tear? Also they dont hang too low do they?

thanksguys

and happy new year !!
Couldn’t be more happier with them, proud they are a local company to me. Instructions are so easy to follow to fit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered should be here and may even get fitted Tommorow if i get a chance hope they are good quality but everyone seems to rate them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arrived last night look nice and good bore size but internal welding is a mess i knew it wouldnt be back purged but some of the internal weld sugaring is cracked so im very wary i msy return them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So after contemplating for awhile i installed them they fit really well sruggled to tighten one bolt as runner was in way so went as tight as i could with allen key but torqued all others hopefully wont leak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts