GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What license plate? Oh yeah there it is I see it now.
You wouldn't get away with that in the UK, good luck to ya. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What license plate? Oh yeah there it is I see it now.
You wouldn't get away with that in the UK, good luck to ya. (y)

It's completely visible from behind the bike. I've had my place in that area on my ZX636, 600RR, R1, and S1000RR. As long as the cops can see it, I'm Ok (fingers crossed). Price I'll have to pay but can't stand the plate at the end of the tail.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Don't quote me, but I believe UK plates have to be visible to speed cameras which are something like 8 feet high. Plus "average speed" cameras check you over a distance, and these are much higher. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the $25 tail tidy license plate mount. I bent the mount and cam up with a mount that is as close to flush as I could make it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Here is the Australian State of New South Wales Motor Vehicle licence plate regulations.
Both of the Members pictures show non compliant mounting and therefore attract a fine and compulsory re inspection fee.
Other States here and most Countries would be surely the same. The plate is to be in the vertical plane, and readable from a 45 degree angle from overhead and side on. Page 2 of the PDF.

Rob.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here is the Australian State of New South Wales Motor Vehicle licence plate regulations.
Both of the Members pictures show non compliant mounting and therefore attract a fine and compulsory re inspection fee.
Other States here and most Countries would be surely the same. The plate is to be in the vertical plane, and readable from a 45 degree angle from overhead and side on. Page 2 of the PDF.

Rob.
Agreed. Though i don't think anybody who mounts it in this fashion really cares for legality.
Might as well go the whole hog and remove it altogether. At least then you could try your luck and argue that it fell off.
I went with the evotech tail tidy. Its entirely visible, i'm only a 50% bad ass.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't quote me, but I believe UK plates have to be visible to speed cameras which are something like 8 feet high. Plus "average speed" cameras check you over a distance, and these are much higher. :(
Yep , £100 fine this month for licence plate conformity issues (too Small) , worst thing is the cuntsable told me his bike plate wasnt quite legal:rolleyes::confused::mad:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yep , £100 fine this month for licence plate conformity issues (too Small) , worst thing is the cuntsable told me his bike plate wasnt quite legal:rolleyes::confused::mad:
Ouch! that's tough, how small was it?
Mine is standard except that I cut the bit off the bottom where the dealers name etc is.
I later learned that this is not strictly legal as it is used for authentication of issue.:oops:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ouch! that's tough, how small was it?
Mine is standard except that I cut the bit off the bottom where the dealers name etc is.
I later learned that this is not strictly legal as it is used for authentication of issue.:oops:
yep that's what the copper said to me ; it is small enough to avoid being read at 20m:sneaky::whistle::giggle:
only got pulled because I went to boxhill during this Covid bullshit. I ride through London alot & the cops couldn't give a dammn whether my license is small.

I don't like the double lines on UK reg plates , why we cannot have it on a single line if the font is correct I don't know.

To be honest people criticise the police but the only grief I've ever had has been from traffic cops (actually can't stand them , there's something kind of looserish about them).

The base of the plate has been rubbing against my tyre too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts