GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks Rapido, my issue is that none of the exhaust shops near me have mandrel benders and I don’t want a pipe that has different/lesser diameters at the bends.
I honestly would not worry about that 1 single bit. You MAY lose 0.001 HP from a non-mandrel bend, especially at that location so near the exit.

Reactions: Rellamax309

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It would just be a personal preference for me. I've had link pipes made like that in the past, but just don't like the look of the crimped pipe, regardless of the of the power. Even if they can't bee seen, I would know they are there.

·
Registered
2016 GSXS1000
197 Posts
True, we are talking like 6-10 inches of pipe & it is not a tight bend.
Sucks no good shops near you.
Try a hot rod shop 🤔 maybe

·
Registered
2016 GSXS1000
197 Posts
Goon,
Mad jelly! Your bike is beautiful!!!

Wish mine was black on black. Love my flat grey, but the gold forks...meh

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice! Thanks for all the suggestions, hopefully by this time next year, I'll have an F model. I think I may be happy with the M4 full exhaust for the Katana, that would still leave room for possible bags.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I responded a few days ago but my post got stuck in moderation...I have Arrow headers and used a Lextek link pipe specific to our bike. The exit is in the stock location, it should work for your headers as well. Lextek Part No. LNKPP107

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Dmac, but the Arrow header terminates in the stock location while the M4 header does not. The M4 header would require a link pipe with a different bend/angle in order to terminate at the stock location.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Come on dude. Could have googled that in 0.2 seconds.
True. But @Cainus83 (rhymes with anus? I know, I am a douche) c'mon dude, how do I know I will get the same information? Llike, There is more than one web page on the internet. Ya know? Totally rad. Gag me with a spoon!

·
Registered
706 Posts
True. But @Cainus83 (rhymes with anus? I know, I am a douche) c'mon dude, how do I know I will get the same information? Llike, There is more than one web page on the internet. Ya know? Totally rad. Gag me with a spoon!
Because there is only one lextek manufacturer website with an easy to use search directory. There's a small chance that even you might have success.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Because there is only one lextek manufacturer website with an easy to use search directory. There's a small chance that even you might have success.
Whew, hope for me yet! :D
Nope, too many choices. Ya know, a link might be useful. Hmmm.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2016 GSXS1000
197 Posts
That is true though, the lextek is made to extend from stock position.
Would work with arrow & stock header

21 - 34 of 34 Posts