GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Keho MUVI camera, and mounted it on my brake fluid reservoir.
1st ride and it had a lot of vibration in the video.
So, not sure I like it there; and wondering where you are mounting your camera?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I mount my GoPro on the RAM handlebar clamp bolt with a short and medium double socket arm. Hypersmooth on the Hero 7 Black handles the vibrations quite well.

I just remembered I have the RAM fuel tank cap mount somewhere. It didn't work well at all with the Hero 5 Session's stabilization but it should work really well with the Hero 7 Black.

I think the camera's stabilization capability is key when mounting anywhere on the bike without an external stabilizer, especially on the handlebars. I had pretty bad vibrations everywhere with the Hero 5 Session but the Hero 7 Black made a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Looks GoPro compatible. I had mine mounted on the chin bar of my helmet. Worked out really well. ...but I don't use it anymore. After 40 years of doing software and tech stuff, I'm trying to escape that.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
118 Posts
I mount my Gopro 5 black with suction cup on the windscreen, and it does okay most of the time, also have one on the tail section fender, it does okay also. I have two of these https://www.walmart.com/ip/Battery-...VD3NvBB2GBwybEAQYASABEgIED_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds but mine shows the read out voltage of the battery. Now all I have to worry about is changing out the cards ever 4 to 8 hours, depending on my settings. I have GoPro 3 & 5 black. 5 up front and 3 on the back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have one USB port in my tank bag, and one under the rear seat with a on/off switch I have to turn on or off each time I use it. The one up front powers the GoPro and my Sena 20S EVO, or my phone when needed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here's my set up:

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need a GoPro Hero7 or any of the later models that have Hypersmooth.

Otherwise try mounting it someplace where it doesn't vibrate that much (tank?) and captures part of the bike as well. Your surroundings will still vibrate but the video wont look too bad because the bike part of the it appears stable.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine is mounted right on the middle of the handle bars and stares through the windshield. But I guess that won't work too well if you got a tinted windshield.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've experimented with a bunch of camera angles. I drilled a hole in my windscreen to accept a 1/4 20 tripod screw, with a tripod gopro mount. I can have the camera forward-facing, or in selfie mode. A bonus is I can mount my EZ-Pass there for commuting. This guy will grab onto the handlebar clamp on our bikes so you can get some "behind the screen" shots (assuming a clear screen): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HQ9Q2VL/.

Sky Slope Rolling Tints and shades Landscape

Grey Slope Automotive design Erg Tints and shades

You can use the handlebar/rollbar mounts to get a side angle from your frame sliders and spools. I use a standard gopro mount on the rear for back-facing shots. With enough extensions you can get a good forward-facing shot with a mount on the front fairing.

Some of my videos showing these different angles:
The only thing I've tried and hate is mounting a camera to my helmet. Too much wind drag, and it seems like a bad idea if your head hits the deck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have it mounted on top of my helmet. I have better control to get other shots of things than don't get taken by a fixed camera on the bike and may be used in my other two bikes.
I have a fixed rear camera mounted on the bike's tail and I can mount a camera also one on the helmet pointing the rear of the bike. I have a 360 view of the bike.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have it mounted on top of my helmet. I have better control to get other shots of things than don't get taken by a fixed camera on the bike and may be used in my other two bikes.
I have a fixed rear camera mounted on the bike's tail and I can mount a camera also one on the helmet pointing the rear of the bike. I have a 360 view of the bike.
What kind of camera are you using?

I'd imagine having a square GoPro style camera mounted to the top of your helmet would result in a great deal of unnecessary drag, which would then translate to a lot of neck strain at highway speeds trying to fight it. Seems a chin mount would accomplish the same goal and be easier on the old neck muscles.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What kind of camera are you using?
Mobius Action Cam 1080P

I'd imagine having a square GoPro style camera mounted to the top of your helmet would result in a great deal of unnecessary drag, which would then translate to a lot of neck strain at highway speeds trying to fight it. Seems a chin mount would accomplish the same goal and be easier on the old neck muscles.
I have tried different cameras including the GoPro 8 and did not work for me. Very bulky, got very hot, 30min max of recording time, horrible system.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
Picked up a Keho MUVI camera, and mounted it on my brake fluid reservoir.
1st ride and it had a lot of vibration in the video.
So, not sure I like it there; and wondering where you are mounting your camera?

Thanks.
Had same camera same position.
Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Video Link my main problem was noise. Note: I covered the mic holes with tape, also you might have seen this before in another thread.

I now use this, will post a vid when I get the mic sorted.

Helmet Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Motorcycle helmet

Reactions: GSXS-NH

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
Short clip of Ghost XL using internal mic on lowest sensitivity. It has another wind shield over the one that came with the mic. It sits in my helmet just protruding from the LH cheek-pad and I have taped over the external mic hole but still a bit too much wind noise I think.
Link Here Note playback on Google Drive is poor better to download it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts