GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short, I shipped my ECU to Dano's Performance for a flash. I sent it via Priority Mail Express (guaranteed overnight service) two weeks ago and I'm worried that the USPS may have lost it. I know it's a long shot, but would anyone happen to have a spare ECU from a 2019-2020 GSX-S1000 or Katana? The part number from my original ECU is 32920-38K51.

Also, does anyone know if any GSX-S1000 ECU will work or can be flashed to work? Or does the part number have to match my original?

FYI, please do not use USPS to ship anything of importance. Do yourself a favor and go with UPS or FedEx. I should have known better. 馃様

Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
We have stopped using USPS for anything of important. I've never lost a payment in the mail, until Covid 19 hit!! I sent a CC payment back in Jan of last year, and it is still out there someplace waiting to be sent. Back in Feb. this year it took 4 weeks for my CC payment to get to the address!!! We've gone paperless on all of our bills now. When I bought my bike from out of state, I had the seller send the title by UPS, didn't have any issues!! So you might want to think hard on how you send stuff. We sure did!!

Reactions: Mean_streak

Registered
There is hope... Last year I ordered something and the vendor shipped USPS. After a month of it being lost, the vendor shipped me a replacement, arrived four days later via USPS. Then another month later, USPS delivered the original package :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol. Trust me. I've got all ten fingers and all ten toes crossed in hopes that it gets delivered to Dano's.

Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
Fingers crossed for you man. I was hoping it was not going to come to this. Did you put insurance on it?
What he said, we all are hoping and pulling for you man!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What he said, we all are hoping and pulling for you man!!!
Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

And, no, I didn't insure it like I should have. I was already paying $54 to ship it and insuring it for it's full value it would have cost me $85+ and at the time I trusted everything would be okay. I've shipped hundreds of packages via USPS Priority from 2017 until now and never had one go missing for more than a few days, so I chose not to insure it based on good experiences previously. Of course, now I'm kicking myself in the ass for not insuring it.

Registered
What the hey.....why so much to ship such a small package? Of course it depends on the distance, but my experience lately with similar size and weight packages is it should have been in the neighborhood of $15.

Edit: never mind.... I just saw it was priority express, not regular priority.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the hey.....why so much to ship such a small package? Of course it depends on the distance, but my experience lately with similar size and weight packages is it should have been in the neighborhood of $15.

Edit: never mind.... I just saw it was priority express, not regular priority.
I opted to ship it via Priority Mail Express, which was supposed to be a guaranteed overnight delivery service. I'm on the east coast and it was going to California. Those are the reasons why it was $54 to ship the ECU. I figured the expedited service would minimize the chance of it being lost and also cut down on the wait time. You can see how well that worked out.

Registered
Hopefully it will show up soon. I haven't heard news about a plane crash in the last few days....which seems one of the few legitimate reasons to lose the package.

On a side note, I love my Dano re-flash. The Gixxes is not my primary bike, and I was seriously thinking about letting it go, until I rode it after re-flashing. Really made the bike much more pleasurable to ride.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate the reassurance. As for the tune making a big difference in performance, that seems to be the common consensus. Really hoping it gets found/delivered soon because I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference post flash.

Side note, is anyone else having trouble accessing Dano's website? I get some weird redirect every time I try to visit his site (danosperformance.com).

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
Appreciate the reassurance. As for the tune making a big difference in performance, that seems to be the common consensus. Really hoping it gets found/delivered soon because I'm really looking forward to seeing the difference post flash.

Side note, is anyone else having trouble accessing Dano's website? I get some weird redirect every time I try to visit his site (danosperformance.com).
Site opens fine from the UK with Firefox.

Registered
I鈥檝e recently had several issues with USPS either losing packages or deposit checks mailed to me by clients. Had one mailed from 29 miles away that showed up 6 weeks later. By then they had already placed a stop on that one and handed me a new one. USPS has been horrible since COVID. Hopefully yours shows up soon. Best of luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I鈥檝e recently had several issues with USPS either losing packages or deposit checks mailed to me by clients. Had one mailed from 29 miles away that showed up 6 weeks later. By then they had already placed a stop on that one and handed me a new one. USPS has been horrible since COVID. Hopefully yours shows up soon. Best of luck.
Thanks, man. As an update, I now have access to the website again after clearing my browsing history. Dan himself suggested this and it worked!

Registered
To make a long story short, I shipped my ECU to Dano's Performance for a flash. I sent it via Priority Mail Express (guaranteed overnight service) two weeks ago and I'm worried that the USPS may have lost it. I know it's a long shot, but would anyone happen to have a spare ECU from a 2019-2020 GSX-S1000 or Katana? The part number from my original ECU is 32920-38K51.

Also, does anyone know if any GSX-S1000 ECU will work or can be flashed to work? Or does the part number have to match my original?

FYI, please do not use USPS to ship anything of importance. Do yourself a favor and go with UPS or FedEx. I should have known better. 馃様
Hope it turns up, Mate.
The site "danosperformance" for me came up with a security warning re certificate issue, and when I ventured there anyway, it was a 404 .
There's a similar site "dano(no S)performance" which is for a fuel injectors mob.

Your ECU number appears to be from a Canadian bike as a spare parts site calls it E28 which Suzuki gives to Canada. Are you near the Border ?

One past Member here found a used Californian E33 ABS ECU when fitted into the All States E03; the speedo head went blank of the speed.
Dano was able to reflash it to the E03 and working as I remember it.

Rob.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope it turns up, Mate.
The site "danosperformance" for me came up with a security warning re certificate issue, and when I ventured there anyway, it was a 404 .
There's a similar site "dano(no S)performance" which is for a fuel injectors mob.

Your ECU number appears to be from a Canadian bike as a spare parts site calls it E28 which Suzuki gives to Canada. Are you near the Border ?

One past Member here found a used Californian E33 ABS ECU when fitted into the All States E03; the speedo head went blank of the speed.
Dano was able to reflash it to the E03 and working as I remember it.

Rob.
Hey Rob,

That's similar to the problem I was having when trying to access the site, but I was able to correct the issue by clearing my browsing history. After doing that the site came up like normal.

As for the ECU, I'm not near the Canadian border. I did buy the bike new from a dealer, so who knows where they got it from. I know dealers will often buy, sell, and trade new cars from one another in order to get what they need, so I would assume motorcycle dealers do the same. I know my particular ECU is not only used in the GSX-S1000, but it's also one of the ECU's Suzuki used in the new Katana.

There's a new ECU on eBay right now that matches my original part number. It's around $1350 USD and shipping directly out of Japan from a seller that has questionable feedback. Not quite sure I trust buying from him, although I guess eBay/PayPal does offer buyer protection. Not quite sure how that works with international transactions, though. There's also one or two used ECU's listed from US bikes equipped with ABS (like mine) that may work, but I'd really prefer to get one that matches my original part number just to be safe. I'll call around to a few different Suzuki dealers today and see if I can get price and availability on one. Just like the link you provided, all the online parts sources show my particular ECU as unavailable. 馃様

Anyone else have a source for used motorcycle parts aside from eBay?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I found out today that the ECU in my bike has been superceded by another part number. The original part number was 32920-38K51 and the replacement part number is 32920-38K50. Same exact part number, except for the last digit. Goes from a one to a zero.

A new one from the dealer is around $1,000 and online they are roughly $800. I was able to locate a used ECU that matches the replacement number for $400 online. I'll make sure it works once I receive it and if it does, I'll send it out for the flash.

I was tired of waiting for USPS to deliver my original ECU while the riding season is passing me by. Nothing worse then having a brand new motorcycle sitting in the garage that you can't ride, especially after performing a bunch of modifications. Still hoping the other one shows up at Dano's. I'll update this thread once I get the new one and test it out.

Registered
I feel sorry 4 ya mate that's so crap. It reminded me of some stuff I purchase about 6 years back from italy i don't remember which delivery service it was sent by but once it landed in Australia it took another 2 and a half weeks to get to my door.
I had a tracking number and from the day in landed in Au the tracking showed it was being send up and down the coast.
so I contacted the seller they got back and informed me that the delivery service said it was lost next day it arrives at my door 馃ぃ

1 - 20 of 49 Posts