GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Awesome! I'm sure we're all stoked for you. :)
Thanks! I'm super happy. It's been a stressful past few weeks constantly monitoring the tracking information, trying to reach someone at USPS, and just dealing with this situation in general. Of course, once I finally accepted the fact that I'd probably never see it again and decide to buy another one, it magically reappears! Funny thing is, the tracking updated about an hour after I got the new one. Quite the coincidence. 馃ぃ

I'm really curious as to whether or not this 2018 ECU would work, but I'm not even going to try installing it. Just going to wait until I get mine back from Dano's. I'm not sure if he typically uses USPS for return shipping after flashing, but I'm going to ask if he can ship it back to me via UPS. Don't want to end up in this mess again. I'm hoping he'll be okay with that.

As a note to anyone considering sending their ECU to him, I'd like to say that he's been awesome throughout this whole process. I've reached out to him a few times with questions and each time he's been generous enough to take time out of his day to answer, and very quickly, at that. It can be difficult finding a company willing to go out of their way to offer such good service these days and I really appreciate it. Reassures me that I sent it to the right guy and I'm sure I'll appreciate the flash that much more because of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Finally delivered to Dano's today! Excited to get it back and really looking forward to that first ride. It's been **** seeing the bike sitting in my garage for the past month and not being able to fire it up and go for a ride, especially after doing a bunch of mods and then sending the ECU out immediately after. That Suzuki key has been burning a hole in my pocket! 馃槅

Registered
It's been so long that I hope you remember what the bike's performance was like to be able to make a comparison.

I sometimes wonder about getting my stock bike (except for that M4 slip-on) flashed but it's so **** good now as it is that I'd hate to find a liked it better before the flash.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
It's been so long that I hope you remember what the bike's performance was like to be able to make a comparison.

I sometimes wonder about getting my stock bike (except for that M4 slip-on) flashed but it's so **** good now as it is that I'd hate to find a liked it better before the flash.
I thought the same thing about it being so long since last riding it and possibly having trouble noticing the difference, but if I can trust the experiences relayed here by others after getting a Dano's flash, I do think the increase in performance will be quite noticeable, even after a month has passed between rides.

On the flip side, even if I can't pick up on the differences as well as I might have, there's still many other advantages to the flash. I'll have more confidence that the fueling isn't so lean after removing the stock exhaust system and replacing it with the full exhaust and removing the airbox restrictor plate, as well as not worrying about throwing codes for the oxygen sensor, PAIR valve, and exhaust valve, which are no longer on the bike. Plus, I'll have the radiator fan come on a bit earlier and I'll know that the other factory restrictions are removed. No more timing restrictions or fuel cut on decel. So there's still quite a few advantages to the flash aside from just the added power when twisting the throttle!

As for flashing a stock bike, I've read a few accounts here and elsewhere from guys who have done this, and they all noted a substantial increase in performance. That said, if you're happy with the bike as it is and don't feel you need anything more out of it, it certainly doesn't hurt to leave it alone.

Registered
I sent my ECU to Dano's and insured it for $1,000. It got to him fast and safe.
When you insured it for that much they make sure is delivered. I paid $28.00, normal price is like $7 or so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I sent my ECU to Dano's and insured it for $1,000. It got to him fast and safe.
When you insured it for that much they make sure is delivered. I paid $28.00, normal price is like $7 or so.
I paid $54 for Priority Mail Express overnight, but that only included the standard $100 insurance. Considered insuring it for full value, but didn't want to spend another $25. Next time I will. Just glad it eventually made it to him, even if it did take three weeks. 馃槅

I'll post an update soon with my thoughts on the flash. In short, totally worth the cost for anyone in the fence.

Registered
I paid $54 for Priority Mail Express overnight, but that only included the standard $100 insurance. Considered insuring it for full value, but didn't want to spend another $25. Next time I will. Just glad it eventually made it to him, even if it did take three weeks. 馃槅

I'll post an update soon with my thoughts on the flash. In short, totally worth the cost for anyone in the fence.
I'm glad you found your ECU. (y)
Well, it happened a few times to me with other packages, apparently the package got misplaced by the USPS but eventually was found and delivered to my address.
The package was shipped from New Jersey to California. I tracked the package and it took about a week to get to California, the LA Central distribution Center, then it was sent to my City, almost ready to be out for delivery but then it got shipped to San Bernardino, like 60 miles away from my City, then finally got shipped back from San Bernardino to my City.

It took some time but I was happy that it was not lost. The USPS contacted me and apologized.

Reactions: gritty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'm glad you found your ECU. (y)
Well, it happened a few times to me with other packages, apparently the package got misplaced by the USPS but eventually was found and delivered to my address.
The package was shipped from New Jersey to California. I tracked the package and it took about a week to get to California, the LA Central distribution Center, then it was sent to my City, almost ready to be out for delivery but then it got shipped to San Bernardino, like 60 miles away from my City, then finally got shipped back from San Bernardino to my City.

It took some time but I was happy that it was not lost. The USPS contacted me and apologized.
Thanks, man. It was a major relief when it showed back up on the radar, that's for sure. It's nice that you got an apology from USPS. I can't say I got the same. 馃槓

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Posted a thread here in General Discussion discussing the results of the flash if anyone is interested. Figured I'd start a new thread since this one has pretty much run it's course.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts