GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm looking at a GSXS 1000 and wondered if there is any handlebar vibration?
I've had a Kawasaki z750 from 2005 and it had alot of it.

Seen alot of reviews and some talk about it, but i really want a bike without it
Anything else positive/negative about this model?

Looking for your replys :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
My 2018 S1000F does have some vibes at 6500 rpm, but that's equivalent to about 95 miles an hour in top gear. Since I rarely do those speeds (and when I do it's only momentarily) it's not an issue for me.

But just because I have a bad case of OCD, I bought these items which effectively took a good bit of the edge off the vibes:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035B0G5K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had to cannibalize some of the odd bits off the stock bar end weights to make those fit, but anyone with a brain should have no problem sorting it out.

And other than the noted vibes at 6500 rpm, my bike is impressively smooth everywhere else in the rpm band, which makes for a very comfortable commute (it's my daily driver, and I'm 65 years old so comfort is a big issue for me). I love this bike!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I notice vibes in the pegs, but not the bars. I find an hour of freeway riding can make my foot numb. Doesn't bug me when I'm cornering and moving around on the bike though, or if speeds are below 120km/h.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
don't feel or notice vibes ,,,there may be some but feels smooth to me.....don't sound like the bike for you...any bike you buy you will feel some normal vibs

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi

I'm looking at a GSXS 1000 and wondered if there is any handlebar vibration?
I've had a Kawasaki z750 from 2005 and it had alot of it.

Goto locale wal mart. Buy a pack or two of bb's. Take the bar ends off. Fill the handle bar with the bb's. Pack tight. Then put bar end back on. No vibration transfered to hands. No hand fatigue.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I temporarily swapped my stock bar ends for some delrin slider ends that didn't weigh much and noticed the vibration, so I put the stock ends back on, now with bar end mirrors. The mirrors are clear without vibration and I don't feel anything worth mentioning either.

·
Registered
321 Posts
UPDATE re handlebar vibes at 6500 rpm:

So today I went to Wally World and got a 6000-count bottle of BBs and filled my handlebar full of BBs. The vibration at 6500 rpm are roughly 65% reduced over what it was with just the aftermarket heavy bar end weights (which I still have installed, and which were effective at reducing the vibes by at least 50% all by themselves, here's the link to those items: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035B0G5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

My bars are now vibe-free enough that vibration at 6,000-7,000 rpm is no longer an issue (vibration was bad enough previously that I tried to avoid operating the bike at those engine speeds).

Just wanted to report my findings.

Carry on!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
UPDATE re handlebar vibes at 6500 rpm:

So today I went to Wally World and got a 6000-count bottle of BBs and filled my handlebar full of BBs. The vibration at 6500 rpm are roughly 65% reduced over what it was with just the aftermarket heavy bar end weights (which I still have installed, and which were effective at reducing the vibes by at least 50% all by themselves, here's the link to those items: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035B0G5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

My bars are now vibe-free enough that vibration at 6,000-7,000 rpm is no longer an issue (vibration was bad enough previously that I tried to avoid operating the bike at those engine speeds).

Just wanted to report my findings.

Carry on![/QU

now you will never wheelie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts