GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX S 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I bought a 2016 Gsxs yesterday and wonder what is the best choice of tail bag? Loads on the market so advice from experienced riders if this bike is appreciated

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recommend an Oxford tailback. Have used it daily for 15 years. Bungees are starting to get old and should likely be replaced, but other than that it’s worn very well. Will expand to twice its size, and can carry a major amount.

The rear seat on the gsxs is fairly small, but it can be secured easily. Does not move around.
You can of course buy smaller tail packs, but if you want to carry a lot, this works very well.
E480868C-01F3-4727-A2FF-967CF6A1400E.png

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,879 Posts
+ 1 on the Oxford had it many years.

Reactions: Chris73

·
Registered
898 Posts
I use a Kriega US20, they're waterproof and have a lifetime warranty i believe. You can stack them too. I'm not a fan of long straps and cords and the kriega is the neatest. 4 little tab loops poke out from under the rear seat when the bag is off.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nelson Riggs Commuter tail bag.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use a Kriega US20, they're waterproof and have a lifetime warranty i believe. You can stack them too. I'm not a fan of long straps and cords and the kriega is the neatest. 4 little tab loops poke out from under the rear seat when the bag is off.
It looks like a nice pack. What I particularly like about the Oxford, are the side pouches. They are easily accessible and on one side I carry my tire repair kit, and on the other side my air pump. There is also a pouch at the front and rear for carrying other items. The kriega , unless I’m wrong, doesn’t seem to have this convenience. Bit if you are not needing to access items quickly I’m sure it does the job.

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX S 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all suggestions, I have bought an Oxford Aqua T8 just for general riding out. Will look at some bigger stuff when I go away later in year

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I was able to fold those in under the pillion when not in use. Clean and convenient. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts