GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'll be getting my 2016 GSX-S 1000 tomorrow (Grey)

I want to get these things:

-Frame sliders (just regular black frame sliders, nothing fancy)
-Licence plate holder / Fender eliminator (anyone find one that quick connects the light for the plate & uses the original flashers?)
-Swingarm spools (what's the size?)
-Small mirrors or bar end mirrors (what's the size of the bar end 7/8"? and the screw holes on top?)
-Tank pad (need a specific size?)
-Disc lock
-Bike stand (front & back)

just looking for tips on where to buy for best price and quickest shipping

thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Amazon for tank pad, mirrors, adjustable hand controls, spools, wheel stickers and so on. you can even shop for strip super bright led turn signal lights, picked up HID from DDMTuning.com. Frame sliders and tidytail from vagabond motorsports you get a $5 discount if your a gsx1000 member.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Evotech sliders - well priced and well made.
Mustardbike tail tidy - very well priced and well made just not as flashy as the more expensive options
Rizoma mirrors - sexy like a high-priced hooker and cost about the same
Spools - Ebay for about $10 AUD, job done.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm in the process of making a ermax tailtidy with a custom numberplate bracket, I love the colour coded undertray bit but hate the huge bracket sticking off it. I have yet to find a tailtidy that looks as well made/designed as the original. They are all essentially just a painted bent piece of ally, yes they don't stick out but they all look cheap and bodged imo. I curently have the powerbronze one, it looks crap, wires exposed underneath, mounting bolt exposed, indicators are bigger than the bracket. I'm going to make a small bracket in 2 pieces which leaves the inside hollow, a cover if you like.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the process of making a ermax tailtidy with a custom numberplate bracket, I love the colour coded undertray bit but hate the huge bracket sticking off it. I have yet to find a tailtidy that looks as well made/designed as the original. They are all essentially just a painted bent piece of ally, yes they don't stick out but they all look cheap and bodged imo. I curently have the powerbronze one, it looks crap, wires exposed underneath, mounting bolt exposed, indicators are bigger than the bracket. I'm going to make a small bracket in 2 pieces which leaves the inside hollow, a cover if you like.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I actually agree, I wish Ermax made an option where that long piece did not need to be included, or there was just a shorter version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts