GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By any chance anyone knows if plastics from a 2018 gsx-s1000 abs will fit on my 2016 gsx-s1000?

·
Registered
582 Posts
It'll fit. As Cainus83 said, there was no change in the shape/size/fitment of the body work on these bikes from 2016 to current models. (Now the Katana version OBVIOUSLY has different bodywork, so not talking about that bike.)

Also, to be clear, the "F" model bodywork won't work on the "naked" model. Not trying to insult your intelligence. Just wanted there to be no confusion in that regard.

·
Registered
547 Posts
been looking to blacken my bike can't find these Fairings anywhere everything is prostitute red or that horrid blue
You can buy fairings directly from Suzuki. They're not all that expensive and you can probably grab any colour from the past couple of years at least.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can buy fairings directly from Suzuki. They're not all that expensive and you can probably grab any colour from the past couple of years at least.
I was trying to avoid this & i find them expensive , the lower belly pan RH is £140 & the LH £150 (why I don't know) + I'm adding some bits from the Katana too.

my machine will be truly unique , I'll post pics when I'm done

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was trying to avoid this & i find them expensive , the lower belly pan RH is £140 & the LH £150 (why I don't know) + I'm adding some bits from the Katana too.

my machine will be truly unique , I'll post pics when I'm done
On the plus side, you know they'll fit and they are already painted.
Mate of mine bought chinese fairings for his RC51. He spent big $$ having them professionally painted and made the mistake of not doing a test fit. They required significant modifications and in attempting to fit them they suffered stress fractures through the new paint job.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On the plus side, you know they'll fit and they are already painted.
Mate of mine bought chinese fairings for his RC51. He spent big $$ having them professionally painted and made the mistake of not doing a test fit. They required significant modifications and in attempting to fit them they suffered stress fractures through the new paint job.
actually quite offensive but I'd never buy anything from China , notoriously cheap crap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts