GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As the title states, I am after a gsxs-specific clear film paint protection kit. I've googled like there's no tomorrow but cannot find anything for this bike as yet. Do any of you have a local source or contact?

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi guys,

As the title states, I am after a gsxs-specific clear film paint protection kit. I've googled like there's no tomorrow but cannot find anything for this bike as yet. Do any of you have a local source or contact?

Thanks,
Jake
Not local but these guys did my bike with a pre cut kit.
They will probably sell you the kit and you can find someone to install it. Can't hurt to ask.
They were very easy to deal with.
Protect Auto Paint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there
i emailed, the tankslapper .biz and they said they were going to make a full
kit for the naked model, at this stage they have make a kit for the tank only:(
all you guys who need the kit should email them and it mite speed them up:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's the real deal 3M stuff.
I didn't get the middle piece of the tail fairing, I've only just noticed that now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been in touch and they passed my message on to their Oz counterparts. I've asked for their details and will post here what they provide.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You should also look at places doing vinyl wrapping. They can usually do it to most bikes, and does not come as bike specific. Its fairly easy process and comes in clear to huge colour variations. Not necessarily very expensive either for a bike, cause small areas relative to motor vehicles. Can be done as DIY, but I think better done by them.

·
Registered
719 Posts
the reason i did not bother wrapping, especially clear wrap, is that at 595 you could just replace most of the panels that bothered you with new ones. How likely or often do you have to replace panels because they just look so bad?

·
Registered
451 Posts
One thing i've noticed on the paint film.....Its pretty much invisible when its applied. Based on that idea, theres no reason the cuts need to be accurate, or the pieces fit perfectly.

You can get an arm load of the basic film, on ebay, for cheap and its very easy to apply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts