GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
So nice when you can get out for a ride with the wife on a bike you enjoy. Thanks for posting. Reminds me I need to make time for a ride again soon. GSX-S1000 content? This bike DOES have a very smooth, enjoyable powerband.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The wife and I just did a couple days of hard riding, and while the backside gets a bit sore after an 8 hours in the saddle, this thing is amazing. Purrs like a kitten, and roars like a lion!
Hey Reagenn, what bag is that on your bike? (sorry if you answered that elsewhere and I missed it)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Jack, it's a Nelson-Rigg Black CL-1060-S Sport Tail/Seat Bag. Had it a couple years now and it works great. Small and compact for everyday but expands for trips.

·
Registered
890 Posts
8 hours in the stock saddle? Ouch! I can't go that long on this thing. Good for you!

I was however thinking the same as you the other day. Went for a rip and man do I just love this bike. It's not going anywhere for a long long time.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
8 hours in the stock saddle? Ouch! I can't go that long on this thing. Good for you!

I was however thinking the same as you the other day. Went for a rip and man do I just love this bike. It's not going anywhere for a long long time.
Yes, it was a long ride home. However, it is the Saddleman seat so that helped.

Looks like a nice ride. That down around Talimena drive?
Yes, we had ridden over to Hot Springs for a day then back home across the Talimena Scenic Byway. It was 70F out so we couldn't pass it up. Beautiful scenery and beautiful weather on a great bike. Hard to top that!:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it was a long ride home. However, it is the Saddleman seat so that helped.

Do you like the Saddleman? Is it an obvious upgrade?
Thx.
Gsxs-NH, It was an upgrade for me, but I'm sure it's all subjective and depends on weight, body build, etc.

To be honest, on shorter rides it's great, but after 8 hrs I was questioning whether it was really an upgrade or not.

However, I don't think I would have made it that long on the stocker.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Gsxs-NH, It was an upgrade for me, but I'm sure it's all subjective and depends on weight, body build, etc.

To be honest, on shorter rides it's great, but after 8 hrs I was questioning whether it was really an upgrade or not.

However, I don't think I would have made it that long on the stocker.
It's definitely subjective, just like all seats. I know folks who swear by Corbin, but I can't make it 30 minutes on a Corbin. The Saddleman seat is very good looking but also did not work for me.

8 hours is a long time, even in the comfy seat of a car. Swap back to stock and ride and I'm sure you'll realize the Saddleman was an upgrade for you. I use my stock seat on my FJR for commuting and shorter rides, it works for me. I also have an aftermarket seat for touring. I don't use it for commuting because it's taller and I have short legs so being caught in traffic with it sucks. However, even on long trips my butt hurts with the aftermarket seat. Last trip I decided not to bother changing it and ran the stock seat (which is way comfier than the GSX-S seat) and I was very very sorry I made that decision. I won't do that again.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seats can make a big difference if they're done right.

On my '06 ST1300, I had one built to my specifications and it worked great. I could ride out a full tank of gas before stopping, and if I remember right that was about 300 miles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, we had ridden over to Hot Springs for a day then back home across the Talimena Scenic Byway. It was 70F out so we couldn't pass it up. Beautiful scenery and beautiful weather on a great bike. Hard to top that!:)
That looks like a beautiful scenic ride. So nice your wife could come with you. I'm looking forward to getting on the Blue Ridge Parkway myself when the weather gets better plus some rides in West Virginia.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've only been on the Blue Ridge Parkway once, and that was in a car. Can't imagine the beauty of it on a bike! I'm extremely jealous that you live in such a beautiful area.

Yes, it is nice that my wife could ride with me.

She loves getting out, in fact she's usually the one saying "Let's go for a ride this weekend!"

The only thing is, while she's very competent and does a great job, I still worry and keep a good eye on the side mirror when she's back there. Thankfully we have Sena BT coms and can communicate easily.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The only thing is, while she's very competent and does a great job, I still worry and keep a good eye on the side mirror when she's back there. Thankfully we have Sena BT coms and can communicate easily.
I hear ya. My wife doesn't ride but if she did I'd be doing the same thing.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I hear ya. My wife doesn't ride but if she did I'd be doing the same thing.
I was so happy to have my son riding dirt. Then my wife discovered she loved it too and I thought it was a dream come true. However, it's like herding cats that are trying to kill themselves.

I kid! We have fun, but it's a lot of worry.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yah that's a long time with that seat, the corbin rocks though. I just ordered a new bike though for those longer days... new kawi h2 sx se coming home. I am gonna miss this bike though, was a lot of fun being a hooligan lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yah that's a long time with that seat, the corbin rocks though. I just ordered a new bike though for those longer days... new kawi h2 sx se coming home. I am gonna miss this bike though, was a lot of fun being a hooligan lol
That's awesome bro. That Special Edition H2 is a nice machine. Let me know if you need help breaking it in!>:D

That's one thing I wish Suzuki would have done, to make side cases an option.

Be sure to drop by and post up some pics and let us know how you like it when it comes in.

Be safe on that mean green machine!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts