GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Great shots! I learned a lot in the Yamaha Champions Riding School .... they would say "you have to look GP to go GP". It was all about proper body position.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the gixus a coupla yrs its awesome on track without being **** scared fast , (fast enough) handles well , yss rear shock ktech fork springs n oil

·
Registered
549 Posts
Had the gixus a coupla yrs its awesome on track without being **** scared fast , (fast enough) handles well , yss rear shock ktech fork springs n oil
Can I just say how refreshing it is to read THESE mods (new rear shock and updated front end suspension.) You know where the real key to speed lies. I'm impressed. And those were some nice track pics. You and the bike are looking good!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was referring to the mods he LISTED in his post:
From Lud: "Had the gixus a coupla yrs its awesome on track without being **** scared fast , (fast enough) handles well , yss rear shock ktech fork springs n oil"

Most guys are all proud of their LAPs (loud-azz-pipes) as if that has anything to do with making the bike faster. The smart money is replacing that rear shock first thing. Bike becomes more stable and composed and that translates to actually going faster in the corners...where it matters. Any goober can twist the throttle WFO on a straight bit of road. If that's what I was into, I'd get into drag-racing and 'live the dream' a quarter mile at a time.

None of that is meant as an insult to people who have done their shock and THEN got a LAP. Hey, whatever makes you love your bike, you know? But money is finite. Always makes me smile when people put their money into improving the suspension over a (not so useful) exhaust pipe.

And now...the flaming begins ;o)

·
Registered
698 Posts
No flaming here. If you want to put your money in a shock, go for it. I was just commenting that he also had done his exhaust along WITH his suspension.
Here in Southern Ok, we have few curvy roads and no tracks. So for me, the suspension is just fine the way it is.

BTW, who said anything about wanting loud pipes? You seem to be stuck in the frame of mind that that's all it's about. If you're not interested in another 8-10hp, so be it. Stick with your shock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I just say how refreshing it is to read THESE mods (new rear shock and updated front end suspension.) You know where the real key to speed lies. I'm impressed. And those were some nice track pics. You and the bike are looking good!
oh yeh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is decatted and flashed , best mod for me personally was to get the suspension to a higher performance level

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Incidentally i also run some ebay specials rearsets for ground clearence i think they cost about £85.00 quite reasonable quality and very adjustable. Im quite small at 5ft 7 " so i have them set quite high . Oh and var end mirrors and a small puig screen

·
Registered
303 Posts
Suspension - check.
Smooth Throttle - check.
Loud Pipes - check.
Good Brakes - check.
Comfortable Seat - check.
Other Goodies - check.

WHY? Because I want to and I can. :) :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts