GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won a set of Oxford 48 litre throwovers 5 years ago but have never used them as my last bike had a Ventura rack system. Yesterday, the dealer put 3M matte clearfilm on the tank and tail plastic while the bike was having its 1000km service so thought I'd try the panniers out for fit today - no problem at all :D .

There are plenty of attachment points on the bags to anchor them solidly to the bike. I've also got a 10 litre yachting dry bag which I can bungee to the top. This should be good for a few days away on tour and not need to carry a back pack. They're not as elegant as a custom-designed system but they don't look too bad. They only take literally a minute to remove to restore the bike to its naked glory!

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
You don't hear anything about luggage then two come along at once : - ) See Hecpo post!

This is a better set up for the naked I think, easily removed when you get there and bike back to it's original good looking self in no time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't hear anything about luggage then two come along at once : - ) See Hecpo post!

This is a better set up for the naked I think, easily removed when you get there and bike back to it's original good looking self in no time.
Thanks! I love the looks of the rear of the bike and didn't want a system which was hard to remove. I only tour once a year but it's handy to carry wet weather gear and other stuff now and then. It'll do me just fine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts