GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a lot long distance so I would like to have some kind of storage, lets see your set up's! I have always used a tank bag but looking for other options also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lost - I like the way your F looks with the Givi side bags. It looks almost OEM.
How wide is it with the bags on?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just taken off my Rentec tubular rack, only been on since Sept, paint flaking and surface rust appearing on the welds, not the first time I have had quality issues with this make but unfortunately there are very few companies making these products nowadays.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Bummer. Renteck always used to a cheep alternative to some of the other brands. The old stuff I had was always plastic coated and stood up to the weather pretty well.
I see Givi have finally stepped up to the plate and are offering a full range now. Their basic rack starts at about £95 and then you choose a box

·
Registered
181 Posts
Finally got my rack and box sorted, its taken a while but there were no front mount points for the anchor plate under the pillion seat so I had to improvise a bar and studbolt stabiliser, purists are gonna hate a 55 litre box on a naked, but its so handy and the bare rack can stay there when the box is not being used.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My setup for 10 day European tour Aug 2019.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When I went to Spain for 10 days I used my Victory Vegas with two 21 litre Givi side boxes, was a bit of a squeeze but worked a treat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been through quite a few different luggage options.
First I used regular soft bags. But I don't like soft bags, as they're floppy, and you have to put a rain cover on them.

Then I made my own home-made rack out of aluminum and used Givi E22 bags. I liked it, but stopped using it because it made the rear seat latch fiddly. Plus the whole setup wasn't the most stable.

Then I bought the C-Bow Royster setup. I liked the way it looked, and the bags have an inner waterproof liner. However they're really small. They're supposed to be 22 liters each, but I don't believe it.

So then I bought an extra set of C-Bow brackets and bolted them to the E22 bags. I took one trip with them and decided the rack just wasn't beefy enough for it. They were very bouncy and I was afraid the rack would eventually break.

I sold the E22 bags and went back to the Royster setup for awhile. But this past winter I came across a good deal on some used E21 bags. So I re-visited my home-made rack idea and added some extra reinforcements. I'll give this a shot for awhile. At least with this setup I can easily remove the whole rack in minutes with no tools.

I'm sure this won't be my last experiment with luggage. I can't leave anything well enough alone.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those last picture bags are the ones I had mounted with the wingrack system, is that what you have used here? My Givi monokey rack is now fitted on the pillion seat so no issues about max box weight within reason.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They look nice but I have a shortened rear mudguard and I am sure this set up would probably hit the indicators without spacers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They look nice but I have a shortened rear mudguard and I am sure this set up would probably hit the indicators without spacers.
Yes think they would, this is way i haven’t shorten, but thinking of doing it and changing once or twice a year for bike trips

·
Registered
70 Posts
@blue72beetle
I couldn't help but notice you have a wind deflector on your screen.
I've been thinking of getting one. Do they work? How do you rate yours
Cheers
That windscreen is the Calsci tinted shorty ( Suzuki GSX-S1000F Windshields ) that I added the deflector to it myself. It worked great. With the stock screen my helmet wanted to lift at any speeds above 65-70.
I don't have it anymore, the only reason I got rid of it was I just didn't like the way the Calsci screen looked. The lines didn't really match the bike. Now I have the Givi, and I'm happy with that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts