GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys ive got the lumpy idle after decatted stock header and i was told a throttle body sync can sort this out? Anyone tried this?
Apparently as ive found out and tried myself when putting a baffle in exhaust can it adds enough back pressure to eliminate this lumpy idle but really kills the power and it eliminates it because the backpressure makes the imbalance less noticeable and also the back pressure helps to equalise the the vacuum at idle.

Not sure exactly how it works but gotta be worth a shot?

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish i could but it does my head in at lights etc and below 2500rpm not as smooth as it should be

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did it on my BKing when I had it, it did smooth out the idle, but I can't say it will do the same for the GSX-S. I have the Carbtune Pro which makes it pretty easy, the hard part is getting to all the vacuum ports to connect it and turning the screws on the throttle bodies without burning your hands.

·
Administrator
443 Posts
I do it on my bikes - and yes, it makes a difference.
It reduces the lumpiness at idle, but is does not eliminate it.
I use the Healtech eSync tool, and it works great.
Attached picture is the before and after on my GSX last summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gsxs NH have you got decat? And does it make enough of a difference to make it worth the job?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Gsxs NH have you got decat? And does it make enough of a difference to make it worth the job?
Throttle bodies should be synced regardless. Did you receive a tune after the decat? After removing the exhaust valve my bike was incredibly lumpy, most of which was tuned out in the fuelling.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Wish i could but it does my head in at lights etc and below 2500rpm not as smooth as it should be
Boosterplug - YouTube it , goto the website - sorted my fuelling instantly , I can pull away in 3rd (if I wanted to ,to prove a point)

& 3rd gear at 20mph is easy , I'll drop it to 2nd & easily slow speed the bike at 8mph

some people don't notice a difference - some prefer ECU flashes , PC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts