Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the new exhaust!

Never heard of the rapidbike system. Give us more details on the install and the outcome. Do they have a base map?
Thanks lucky! Yeah it comes with a base map and has an auto tune feature as well. I'm supposed to put about 200 miles on it and then the dealer will commit the changes the auto tune has made. I'm pretty new to fuel injection and this has definitely been a learning experience. We are supposed to have some great weather this weekend and I plan on doing a lot of riding!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very nice! Keep us updatet on the Rapidbike modul, read alot about it, and it sounds awsome. Think I`m gonna order either the Evo or most likley the Racemodul, with the Yoshi headers, since I already got the slip-on:)

·
Registered
204 Posts
rapid bike looks ok until you read the bit about only programmable via software only sold to dealers. Then add your comment you have to go back to the dealer to get auto tune committed. Humm seems i now need to pay a dealer to do what i can do for free with PC5 ???

·
Registered
60 Posts
rapid bike looks ok until you read the bit about only programmable via software only sold to dealers. Then add your comment you have to go back to the dealer to get auto tune committed. Humm seems i now need to pay a dealer to do what i can do for free with PC5 ???
Thats not good, but it`s enough with one time? Since the altitude in Norway goes up and down everywhere it must be perfect to have the RB adjust on the go without hooking up a pc..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
305 Posts
mythic said:
Thats not good, but it`s enough with one time? Since the altitude in Norway goes up and down everywhere it must be perfect to have the RB adjust on the go without hooking up a pc..
I talked with Petter/Non-Stop and also just verified with RapidBike website.

It is just a matter of registering at RapidBike to download the software.

Just like what I tend to see on various forums what usually most buyers of PC/Bazzazz posts:
This thread shows that in practice the customers (bike owner) lets a tuner do this anyhow. The point of buying such a device is to see the difference before/after installing it. And most "end-users" do not have a dyno >:D

The RapidBike module is also a bit more complex (programmed) than the competitors as it is integrated with the OEM ECU in a much better way than for example PC.
PC sort of forces you to disable the O2-sensor opposed to RapidBike that work *with* the O2-sensor.
For race use and if you do not care about pollution this is irrelevant and RapidBike probably not the best solution.

Well, this is so far my understanding of the product.

Looking forward to try it out :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
No,it doesn't affect it
good cause my system is on the way, ordered the M4 full and PCV and healtech X-TRE, can't wait to get it installed and dynotuned, changing the oil is fairly simple on this bike and it woulda sucked if the header got in that way of that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts