GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Plano Suzuki and AJ "forced" me to ride her F model with the new M4 Full Exhaust. Nice throaty sound, runs great with no tune, advertised at about 8.5 HP increase and 11 pounds less. What's not to like? :eek:

Should have it installed in the next few days. Will give full report and post pics soon.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Went to Plano Suzuki and AJ "forced" me to ride her F model with the new M4 Full Exhaust. Nice throaty sound, runs great with no tune, advertised at about 8.5 HP increase and 11 pounds less. What's not to like? :eek:

Should have it installed in the next few days. Will give full report and post pics soon.
"forced me"... tssskkk :laugh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I click the link it says video is private. I want to hear it so badly!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried from another computer logged in as someone else and it worked. I had to "publish" it in Youtube.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like that, looks well and nice and tidy with a great note. Did you install it yourself and if so was it difficult to do?

The short story is I let the dealer do it and they charged me for 3 hours but claimed it took 5 hours for the first one they did.

The longer story is I have always done all my own work, but I just have too much going on at Christmas time. The part that pushed me over the edge is that the shock had to come off in addition to all the fairings and the normal stuff you have to do to replace the exhaust. The servo for the SET valve is located in front of the shock, so you have to pull it out to get the cables off and put another piece there to fool the ECU when it does the test cycle when you turn on the key or it will throw a code. The alternative is to buy a "Servo Buddy" to plug in and eliminate the whole mechanical process and save a little weight at the same time, which is what I am doing.

If you have time on your hands and have done this kind of thing before, I wouldn't call it difficult, just time consuming.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where are you getting the "Servo buddy" from. I did a google search and found some that fit a lot of Suzuki models but none said specifically for GSX-S1000. I'm guessing other models would use the same,but I'm not sure? I realize our bike is new and may not be listed yet. Thanks and it looks/sounds great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The short story is I let the dealer do it and they charged me for 3 hours but claimed it took 5 hours for the first one they did.

The longer story is I have always done all my own work, but I just have too much going on at Christmas time. The part that pushed me over the edge is that the shock had to come off in addition to all the fairings and the normal stuff you have to do to replace the exhaust. The servo for the SET valve is located in front of the shock, so you have to pull it out to get the cables off and put another piece there to fool the ECU when it does the test cycle when you turn on the key or it will throw a code. The alternative is to buy a "Servo Buddy" to plug in and eliminate the whole mechanical process and save a little weight at the same time, which is what I am doing.

If you have time on your hands and have done this kind of thing before, I wouldn't call it difficult, just time consuming.
Mmmm that sounds pretty complicated to me, maybe if the full M4 came with excellent fitting instructions and all the necessary components I might think about tackling it, but it looks like a job for the dealers. I've just seen that Leo Vince are bring out pipes for our bikes next year too and id like to see and hear theirs. I'm not going to rush into anything yet but I'm definitely impressed with yours.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where are you getting the "Servo buddy" from. I did a google search and found some that fit a lot of Suzuki models but none said specifically for GSX-S1000. I'm guessing other models would use the same,but I'm not sure? I realize our bike is new and may not be listed yet. Thanks and it looks/sounds great!

Getting it from the dealer. Should have it in a day or 2. I will let you know then. I do know that it has 2 leads to plug into the stock wiring harness.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mmmm that sounds pretty complicated to me, maybe if the full M4 came with excellent fitting instructions and all the necessary components I might think about tackling it, but it looks like a job for the dealers. I've just seen that Leo Vince are bring out pipes for our bikes next year too and id like to see and hear theirs. I'm not going to rush into anything yet but I'm definitely impressed with yours.

Thanks. Yeah, keep in mind it will be the same amount of work for any full system.
Leo Vince is great and I might kick myself for not waiting for the Akra. :crying:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the "Servo Buddy" installed today.

First pic show the package with the brand name and model number. I'm sure there are other brands, but it was just easy to get it from my dealer.

Second pic gives you a good look at the 2 connectors.

Third pic shows it installed, tucked away in the left side of the tail section.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts