GSXS 1000 Forum banner

If the banner pic should change, what variant should it be?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I may be setting myself up for a bit of abuse here, but as the site is GSXS1000.org it would be nice to have a picture of a GSX-S1000 in the top banner instead of the GSR750 (as it's known in the UK)

Maybe we should have a vote as to which colour / variant? :)

Poll added :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Well that would be Ok................as long as it was a Blue Naked:D

Reactions: gixxerboy09

·
Administrator
232 Posts
I will put a note in with creative about the change request. Will do my best on the specific colour requests.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Arrrrgh no that's the "Budgie Beaked" F version, the one for people who can't hack it on a proper bike.:):):)

The poll above shows a preference for the naked blue!;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Arrrrgh no that's the "Budgie Beaked" F version, the one for people who can't hack it on a proper bike.

The poll above shows a preference for the naked blue!
WOW! Harsh. Ridden naked all my life. I live in a cold state and would like some wind protection for once. Don't feel like I can't hack it.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe the naked version is for those that can't afford the complete bike :p

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Gixxus wrote WOW!
Harsh. Ridden naked all my life. I live in a cold state and would like some wind protection for once. Don't feel like I can't hack it.....
I have edited some smileys in- don't take me too seriously. :eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nooo, it has to be the Naked. After all that is THE design that was signed off in Suzuki Labs, the fairing was only put on to keep the fairies happy :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
And the poll clearly shows red/black naked as the winner.
Put a naked at the top in various manly shots, and the fairy version at the bottom of the page next to pipe and slippers or in a field surrounded by fluffy bunny rabbits.

·
Registered
515 Posts
And the poll clearly shows red/black naked as the winner.
Put a naked at the top in various manly shots, and the fairy version at the bottom of the page next to pipe and slippers or in a field surrounded by fluffy bunny rabbits.
Alright, I have had enough of the bashing on my choice of blue and being told my color is f'in slow!

Sounds like your using offense as a defense because you know that insecure people buy the red/black ones because they are afraid to go with the popular option that will dominate once the mainstream buyers hear about this bike.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Actually I was bashing the fairies (faired) and highlighting the poll result.
Having said that, way back in March when I was ordering my bike I asked the dealer what the most popular colour was and he said blue by a long way. So I ordered Black/red to be a bit different. Fast forward 4 months and I ask the same question and it's Black/red that is most popular so that's my uniqueness gone.
Dealer did say Black/red was faster though.*

*May not have actually said that.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Actually I was bashing the fairies (faired) and highlighting the poll result.
Having said that, way back in March when I was ordering my bike I asked the dealer what the most popular colour was and he said blue by a long way. So I ordered Black/red to be a bit different. Fast forward 4 months and I ask the same question and it's Black/red that is most popular so that's my uniqueness gone.
Dealer did say Black/red was faster though.*

*May not have actually said that.
Thought I might start a war with my rant. Good to see you are so level headed. 😀

I did want red really badly as I like the way the red is on the back of the fairing vs the blue on the front. Although, after seeing the red in some glamour shots the lights made it look pink. There were also testers months ago saying the red was "dingy and dull" in person. Not to mention blue is my favorite color. So back to blue I went.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was going to go red and black, but my dealer has just got a blue demo in and now I don't know what to get, because I like both of them...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone want to guess what I voted for in my own poll?

Well I voted naked blue as it's the colour and variant that epitomises the GSX-S1000, but I bought a red and black F for a couple of reasons...

1) I prefer the styling of the F over the naked (it really doesn't feel much different to my CB1000R naked, so I don't think it adds much protection at all)
2) 99% of the press shots were in blue and I wanted to be a little different
3) I live in a free country so I can and will buy and ride whatever the f&#k I like
4) I read on t'interweb that red / black is the fastest colour, and everything on the internet is true

;) :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Anyone want to guess what I voted for in my own poll?

Well I voted naked blue as it's the colour and variant that epitomises the GSX-S1000, but I bought a red and black F for a couple of reasons...

1) I prefer the styling of the F over the naked (it really doesn't feel much different to my CB1000R naked, so I don't think it adds much protection at all)
2) 99% of the press shots were in blue and I wanted to be a little different
3) I live in a free country so I can and will buy and ride whatever the f&#k I like
4) I read on t'interweb that red / black is the fastest colour, and everything on the internet is true
5 I wanted fairing so my make up didn't run when I wear my open face helmet
;) :D
>:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts