GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey didn't use my old user name/ log in in years. Must have been deleted.... My pair was disabled in ecu flash years ago in 2017... Exactly a year ago, I installed a p08f185 air filter & put a marble in the bottom of air box vent/ pair hose.. The other day I removed the marble to see what would happen. Rode the bike & noticed the power shifted to higher rpms compared to when the marble was in, the power was made at lower rpms so I would have to quickshift sooner with the marble in. Now with it removed I need to let the rpms climb before quickshifting

Does anyone know why this happened. This was the only change I made (removing the marble). The pair is still disabled in the ecu.

Note: The stock cat is still in but mid pipe & sc project are on the bike. No muffler box.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey didn't use my old user name/ log in in years. Must have been deleted.... My pair was disabled in ecu flash years ago in 2017... Exactly a year ago, I installed a p08f185 air filter & put a marble in the bottom of air box vent/ pair hose.. The other day I removed the marble to see what would happen. Rode the bike & noticed the power shifted to higher rpms compared to when the marble was in, the power was made at lower rpms so I would have to quickshift sooner with the marble in. Now with it removed I need to let the rpms climb before quickshifting

Does anyone know why this happened. This was the only change I made (removing the marble). The pair is still disabled in the ecu.

Note: The stock cat is still in but mid pipe & sc project are on the bike. No muffler box.
I agree with you. However, when i blocked the pair valve my bike developed a judder at low rpms. TUNER said that unblocking the pair valve will decrease power in the usable range but make the bike smoother. That's exactly what it did. My understanding of the pair valve is that it was there to remove gases and wouldn't affect performance but somehow this is what I have seen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts